Meeting Notes 2015-11-03
|<< Meeting Notes 2015-10-27||2015 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2015-11-10 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Kevin - homebrewing, arduino, lab tools - meetup
- Michael - programming, music - walking by
- Chris - tools, woodshop - Andrew C.
- Kelly - software, furniture - software development community
- Mike - software - software
- Isaac - electronic music, geographic design - meetup
- Hector - lockpicking - walk by
- Rick - live streaming - Ray D.
- Craig - airplanes & electronics - meetup & Ray D.
- Maria - dinner, website - python
- Zach - metal works, software - hear about it
- Sava - art, science, everything - internet, general info
Board and Area Hosts
- Doorman Dave
Two Random Members
- Simon - camera hacking - Noisebridge
- Erik - things to make home better (a measuring cup, 3d printed) - internet, google
Things that need doing around the space
- Dave - clearly indicate the fire lane in the shop, Ron has a plan
- It's all over the map. Exit spaces well lit, no specifics for indoor fire lane. 3 foot wide fire lane. Marked fire lane helps people get out in an emergency.
- Ron looked into the fire code for the fire lane.
- Seven - woodshop class
- ? started the wiki page for classes
- Eric Beauchamp - created a class
- Ron Olson - waiting for Wisco on his day off
- Derek Bever - 501c3 status, writing the letter to the IRS
- Jason for fixing the table saw and laser cutter
What have you been hacking
- Went to World Market and created dodecahedron fish tank
- Rae is repainting my bathroom pale blue grey, 1 octopus was included
- Python office hours 7:00 to 10:00pm 11/4/15
- Lockpicking 8pm 11/4/15
- Nerp 7pm 11/9/15 nodejs - Hef is working on a nerp project
- D&D - Crypt of the Everflame Friday 11/7/15
- Measure shop on Saturday from 3 -6pm
- Game Night 5pm Saturday
- Congratulations to Erik Wessling as our new General Area Host
- Andy Larkin is our new Woodshop authorizer
- DMCA notices - torrented copyrighted material Please don't torrent copyrighted material
- Do we compete with other hackerspaces? No, we are a large community of hackerspaces. We aren't organized enough to do something like that. JFDI
- Do we have a bulletin board that advertises help wanted items? We have the mailing list for that currently.
- Will there be a tour? Yes
- How do I help others with their projects? Hang around
- I just joined what do I do? Id checks before board meeting
Who wants to give a tour? Ron