Meeting Notes 2015-11-17
|<< Meeting Notes 2015-11-10||2015 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2015-11-24 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
- Jeff: mosaic artist, blinkys,arduino - area 515 in iowa
- Quan: CNC, our website
- Susy: art, Quan
- John: draftman 2d and 3d, CNC - coworker Loren
- Cat: Artisan asylum - woodworking, foodie, cosplay visiting Erica
- Eric: word hacking - visiting Erica
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
Board and Area Hosts
Two Random Members
- Craig: building drone - web searches
- Zee: longtime member, computerized motion control systems - at old location, people gathering during employment crisis, Andrew researched it
Things that need doing around the space
Sheila - a guy wants to do research on hackerspaces email@example.com
- Justin - paint walls
- Arturo - clean up after yourself in the kitchen
- Erik - made the electric socket work on the ceiling in the lounge work
- Erica - cleaning out storage space nicely
- Erica - loaning us food sealer
- Brian - closing out RT tickets
- Eric B. - negotiating expansion
- General membership - for being nice on the mailing list regarding the expansion
What have you been hacking
- Arturo - drink coaster that lights up, underwater mp3 player turns on and works
- Greg - evil monkey
- Jenny - DMCA torrent notices please don't torrent or turn off torrent when you get here. If we keep getting **DMCA notices our internet can be disconnected.
- Python office hours 11/18/15 7pm - 9pm open to the public
- Code of Conduct 11/20/15 7pm check the Google groups page hopefully before attending
- Analog game night 11/21/15 5pm until open to the public
- Sigbot 11/19/15 7pm robot
- Oxt Sat. video game nite 5pm (11/29/15)
- What is the meaning of life? 42, no that is the meaning of life the universe and everything
- Summerville, Boston hackerspace is huge. Bigger, 1 floor in the Ames envelope building, 100 - 200 sq ft rentals, well equiped woodshop, welding, electric, jewelry, bicycle chopper gang go on missions, a reception desk- staffed between noon and 10pm, different amount of memberships, have paid staff, classes almost every night, woodshop classes, craft classes, machine shop class, instructors make money doing classes, artisansasylum.org, we name new rules after the offender
- Des moines, IO hackerspace Area 505 in tool acquisition phase, powerwheels, CNC, laser moved downtown cause us to make a new rule you are on probation
Who wants to give a tour? Ron Olson