Meeting Notes 2015-12-15
|<< Meeting Notes 2015-12-08||2015 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2015-12-22 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
- Vote Next week on Printer Cutter proposed by Brian.
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
- Brian - software engineer, open source - Ron o.at meetup
- Dave - raspberry pi, phython - Sheila & Carl
- Don - industrial design, tinker 3d printing, laser cutting - internet search, meetup (Thinkbox)
- Xanghe - fablab UICU, embedded systems, hack coffee - internet, google
- Rebecca - jewelry, bead queen, forge, sewing - 2 guy in gray hats Arturo & Will
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
Board and Area Hosts
Two Random Members
- Dan - woodshop, dabbled in other places - co-worker Paul Mance
- Everett - machine shop metals, crappy forging, - hackerspaces in other states
Things that need doing around the space
- Dean - fix dripping faucets in bathrooms downstairs - Erik will do
- Arturo - new furniture for kitchen, a new island
- Justin - paint on the walls that are blank
- Will - stop putting chemicals and paint in the kitchen sink, use the shop sink in the hot metals area instead
- Sheila - make weird decal eyes to keep people from using the kitchen sink for dangerous chemicals
- Will - cleaned the kitchen
- Ron - Justin dominated at Robot Wars
- Justin - people who helped make the robot - Ron (transportation and other things), Everett(metal work), Dean, Andy (glitter dispersal), Greg (parts), random people who offered ideas
What have you been hacking
- Triano - setting up router table, Home Depot (bad at cs), fence missing
- Justin - robot that shoots glitter and won a trophy, won a case of beer
- Justin - hosting Star Wars day
- Sheila - Vote to buy printer cutter, next week
- Sheila - Python office hours 12/16/15 at 7pm
- Justin - bike office hours cancelled
- Will - Tabletop Game Night from 5pm until
- Justin - space expansion, organize 2 committees Space Planning Safety Committee, Space Planning for Hosted Area Committee
- How many times did you glitter people at the robot competition? Justin, 4 times
- What does it take to be a member? Pay money on paypal from the website, choose full member or starving hacker status, have id checked by 2 board members, go to the orientation tour
Who wants to give a tour? Ron volunteered to give a tour