Meeting Notes 2016-02-23
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-02-16||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-03-01 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
Josh | Likes to make robots & art | Googled hackerspaces Tina | Computers & electronics | Learned about from Jay
Board and Area Hosts
- Justin - President
- Jennie - Vice-president
- Simon - Secretary
- Anna - Electronics Area Host
- Erik - General Area Host
- Ron - Hot Metals Area Host
- Triano - Woodshop Area Host
Two Random Members
- Anna | Machining & woodworking, electronics | found out about PS:One in 2010
- Todd | accessibility scooters etc. | John Stoner introduced me back in 2009
Things that need doing around the space
- Shovel the snow
- Shovel & salt in orange bucket are downstairs
- Backdoor - trying to replace the hinges, but one screw is stuck and one had a head snap off
- If you can get screws out of the frame, please give
- Dean has Kroil - Erik will try some tonight
- General cleaning & putting tools away
- Thanks to Dave for fixing network issues this week!
- Ray gave a tour to people from McMaster Carr
- Winter for being mild
What have you been hacking
- Ed's hydraulic harddrive crusher is coming along
- Built around a 12,000 lb jack from Sears and didn't want to modify the jack, but ended up having to make a hole.
- NERP - Not Exclusively Raspberry Pi - is Monday night, 7 pm
- Agenda is open - bring something for show & tell
- Curry class - Saturday from 3-4:30pm
- Tabletop game night on Saturday at 5 pm
- Python Office Hours - Wednesday night at 7pm
- Ham radio hours - Thursday at 7
- Hot metal office hours - tonight! After the meeting
- Vote to donate the Scanning Electron Microscope to Analytics Lounge will happen in three weeks
- Vote announcement will go out tonight - please vote
- How can I make a notch in a brick?
- One idea: Use a hammer drill with masonry bit to shape a contour and use chisels to finish up (please don't use wood chisel!)
Thanks Ron for giving the tour!