Meeting Notes 2016-03-01
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-02-23||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-03-08 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Frank & Sandra | looking to make customized boxes out of plastic | learned about from a friend
- Keith | works as a bike mechanic, into cargo bikes, wants to get back into welding
- Steve | moved here 2 years ago | was involved in linux users group in South Dakota | Linux & Unix programming & sysadmin, want to get into woodworking & embedded systems
- Jared | former engineer | woodworking in his basement with hand tools, would like to use power tools | learned about us from the Rebuilding Exchange
- David | lives in neighborhood, learned from word of mouth | looking to do woodworking etc.
Board and Area Hosts
- Jennie - Vice-President
- Simon - Secretary
- Lyn - Director at Purple
- Michael - Director At Large
- Ron - Hot Metals Area Host
Two Random Members
- Lyn - joined to use 3d printers, ended up uslikes to do arts & crafts, laser cutting, board games, sewing, and beyond
- Greg - learned about us through some Powerwheels racing series publicity | woodworking, builds robots |
Things that need doing around the space
- Keep the area in front of the light switches clear
- Take out the trash
- Loading dock needs clearing out - that area belongs to our landlord
- James Baker ran a sauerkraut fermentation event
- Shelly & Gerald fed the whole hackerspace with curry on Saturday
What have you been hacking
- Lockpicking is tomorrow at 8 pm, open to the public
- Pi day is at 8pm on March 14 - bring pie
- We'll have a potluck on the fifth Tuesday this month
- PS1 birthday party is April 2nd
- Transcranial direct stimulation and bicycle clinic are both Wednesday at 7.
- Can you cook here?
- Yes! There's also a BBQ somewhere.
- What are other places for woodworking classes?
- Chicago School of Woodworking
- Chicago Industrial Arts Center
- Chicago City College
- City Park Classes
- Do we have the ability to sharpen blades for planes?
- Jared has the equipment to sharpen blades - he'll bring it in and help out
Who wants to give a tour?