Meeting Notes 2016-03-22
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-03-15||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-03-29 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Herbie - makes props | does production design for theate r& TV | learned about us from a coworker
- Phil - interested in electronics | heard about us for awhile - maybe in the Reader
- Julie - just bought a house | learned about PS1 from Adriana
- Adriana - like to code, would like to get into woodworking & robotics | learned about us through a python meetup
- Josh - makes electronic instruments & circuitbends, used to be a carpenter, does some coding (processing & pure data, getting into supercollider) | learned about this place on Meetup
Two Random Members
- Shelly - likes art & craft things, brought in glass work tonight | learned about us on Meetup
- There's a place on Lincoln where you can rent torch time
- Jennie - woodworking, small metal working, painting, sculptures of humanoids
Board and Area Hosts
- Justin - President
- Jennie P - Vice President
- Ron - Hot Metals Area Host
- Simon - Secretary
Things that need doing around the space
- Clean out tools if they're shooting out sawdust at you
- Take out the trash
- Put away tools
- Maria on the space-planning committee got her boss to help us with code and planning stuff
- Ron Bean fixed the light in Electronics
- Shae for tool cage work & sanding supplies
- Shae for sharing stained glass tools
- Lyn & Jennie & Aushra & Jonathan for sorting every waiver ever
What have you been hacking
- Everett made a lapping plate
- Shelly took a class in brorosilicate glass and made marbles (and a stand)
- Mascot is in progress. Peer pressure
- Will made a gaming table that lives up on the wall in the lounge. Don't put pins in it, please!
- Jennie made stained glass for a rotating optical illusion
- Sonya made double mantels for a gas fireplace
- Shop cleanup day on Saturday, 1-4 pm! There will be food. Come help cleanup!
- There is shop air in hot metals again
- Analog game night is Saturday at 5 pm
- Birthday party is April 2nd
- There will be cake
- Python office hours tomorrow at 7 pm in the electronics lab - every other week
- How do I get access now that I'm a member?
- Get your ID checked by two board members
- What are all of the logistics?
- We've been here since 2012, founded in 2009
- Sign up, get your id checked by two board members, and you'll have 24/7 access to the space
- We're totally volunteer-run
- Check the calendar, email list, or
- What are people bringing to the potluck?
- Pad Thai
- A last-minute vegetable tray
- Some known allergies
- Citric Acid, soy, and dairy, vegetarians & vegans
Who wants to give a tour?
- Thanks Ron for giving a tour