Meeting Notes 2016-04-05
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-03-29||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-04-12 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
John | new to Chicago | searched for "makerspace" or something | interested in arduinos, is an electronics tech Nick | woodworking, designer, make home goods | looking for a shared working space Andy | moved to Chicago a month ago | 3d printing, photography, woodworking, CNC Manish | interested in electronics & woodwork | learned about from Shen Shen | went to a 3d printing class at public library | does software & electronics
Board and Area Hosts
- Justin - President
- Jennie P. - Vice-president
- Lyn - Director at Purple
- Simon - Secretary
- Shellie - Arts & Crafts Area Host
Two Random Members
- Shellie | Arts & Crafts Area Host | member since 2012 | shared memories of the laser cutter when it was only a glimmer in our eyes
- Mike | Woodworking, interested in welders, forges, metal stuff | saw us or something in Make magazine, which led to us about a year ago
Things that need doing around the space
- Take out the garbage
- Clean your dishes and don't leave them in the sink (or in the space)
- Put tools away when not in use
- Empty all the dust collectors
- Food in the fridge! Eat it, label it, or throw it away before it turns into a monster.
- Lyn and everybody who helped organize the awesome birthday party on Saturday, such as:
- Gerald for grilling,
- Shelly for the cake, mural, food logistics, and beyond,
- Steve Reese for running lockpicking,
- Shellie for sock tie-dye,
- Jennie for ungrossing the kitchen & fridge
- Justin organized the videogames and the lounge
- The guys who disposed of the fridge
- Will for running a game & the cupcakes
- Jonathan Bisson for making buttons
- Rory for helpfulness
- Kitchen 17 donated two vegan pizzas
- Peter Lau got soda pop
- Lauren for doing a great hot metals workshop
- Justin taught making buttons
- Everybody who brought goodies for last week's Tuesday potluck
What have you been hacking
- Dubi made pan whistles out of corrugated plastic election signs
- Will scanned kids with a kinect and 3D printed their heads
- Dubi (with assistance from Shellie) demonstrated his excellent costume of a rider of bears with shorts.
- Next Tuesday is 300 Seconds of Fame - 5 minutes to talk about whatever you want
- Game night is Saturday
- Tomorrow: Python office hours at 7, lockpicking at 8
- Friday at 8:30 - Scribble & Quibble - coloring books and light conversation
- Anybody know how to make a lot panflutes? Talk to Dubi
- How can I join?
- "Join Us" on our website, sign up through Paypal links, get ID checked by two members: ta da, you're a member
- When should I come to use tools? How can I use tools?
- Come to a tool authorization in order to get an authorization - check the calendar for events, check the wiki for individual tools, or check the mailing list for announcements of authorization
Who wants to give a tour?
- Thanks to Shellie for giving the tour!