Meeting Notes 2016-04-19
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-04-12||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-04-26 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Dan | string instrument maker | heard about PS1 from a friend
- Luke | woodworking & 3D printing | googled "workshop"
- Gwen | industrial designer, wants to do furniture | google
- Nick | woodworking, metalworking |
- Miles | heard about us through tutoring, referred by Will Garza at the library | doing arduino and hydroponic projects
- Marco | tinkering with electronics, arduino, raspberry pi | found us on Meetup
Two Random Members
- Josh | member for a month | electronics projects, circuit bending with audio basilica, looking forward to using woodshop & forge
- Arturo | working on a surface for a 40 gallon aquarium, working with electronics, food | architect major and construction | CPL was on the news, heard about us
Board and Area Hosts
- Justin - President
- Simon - Secretary
- Arturo - Kitchen Area Host
- Triano - Woodshop Area Host
- Michael - director at large
Things that need doing around the space
- Garbage always needs to be taken out
- Put away tools that aren't in use
- Clean dishes, don't leave them in the sink
- Empty the dust collectors
- Paint on the walls, ceiling
- Jennie, Aushra, Dean, and anyone else setting up the jewelry area
- Jenny & Lyn (and/or a mysterious man?) for painting the wall in the kitchen
- Andrew, Jason, Eric for fixing the lasercutter
- Erik and anybody who got rid of the ants
What have you been hacking
- Miles is working on streaming data from a hydroponic setup to the cloud
- Shelly led a self-watering container workshop - thanks to Greg for bringing in the buckets
- Thursday at 7 pm in the elctronics lab is SIGBOT, special interest group for robotics
- Saturday is Analog Game Night - 5pm until midnightish
- Arts on Elston is hosting "Mastering the Art of Book Cooking (not Enron style)"
- This Sunday is new member orientation at 4pm, downstairs in the lounge
- Joystick office hours start at 4:30 on Sunday - video games with joysticks
- How can I become a member?
- Set up payment through paypal buttons on our website, then get your ID checked by two board members
- What are membership fees spent on?
- Budget is available at 2016_Budget_Vote
- Rent and utilities, maintaining and buying equipment, etc.
- We are fully funded by membership fees
Who wants to give a tour? Thanks to Jay for giving the tour.