Meeting Notes 2016-04-26
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-04-19||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-05-05 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Henry | Woodworking, jewelry & wirework, work is electronic things (software) | found out by googling "Woodshop memberships", saw us on a reddit page
- Margarito | works at framing company | interested in welding and CNC machining
- Juan Rodriguez AKA Johnny Panic | building and repairing bicycles, learning to ride a bike, like to tinker, new to Chicago | a friend recommended us
- Jeremiah | woodworking & metalworking | found us looking for laser cutters
- Bob | statistician, some woodworking background, wants to get into raspberry pi and home automation | just moved from Arkansas, trying to replace not having a woodshop
- Ken | likes to make everything | heard about us from Baudry (sp?) (maker space in Madison)
- Kendra | Henna artist | etching in leather and wood | trying
- Lucas | football & cars |
Two Random Members
- Andrea | Contract Industrail Designer | CNC Area Host | Working on a DLP 3D printer, work with 3D scanners | known about PS1 for 5 years
- Ron | Joined to make a single thing, that has not yet been made | learned about PS1 from Farkas
Board and Area Hosts
- Justin - president
- Jennie - vice-president
- Simon - Secretary
- Anna - electronics area host
- Ron - hot metals Area host
- Andrew - CNC area host
Things that need doing around the space
- Andrew C. would like some help getting the compressor back together and working
- We need a 3-phase electrical line run in the boiler room
- The loading dock needs to get cleaned out
- Take out the trash
- Clean your dishers
- Put away tools that are not in use
- Thanks to pipe-fitter Dave for lending us his TIG
- Lyn & Jennie cleaned out the space
- Andrew upgraded the dust collecting system
- Andrew got vcarve makerspace edition
- Jason fixed the airdrop by the laser
- Lyn for organizing all the parties
- Ron for setting the screen up on the front door
- Andrew for helping Ron with the door
What have you been hacking
- Andrew is using a raspberry pi to run this resin printer
- Jason refurbished his hot-foil stamping machine
- Justin made chili
- Simon wrote an imageJ macro for some Public Lab folks
- Henry made a cube inside of a cube out of wood with drill press
- Jennie drew a picture for a podcast. There are snakes and entrails involved.
- 501c3 status party is going to be rad and full of surprises. Also: cake
- Thursday, April 28th, 8pm
- PS1 Band - come play! Wednesday, 7 pm
- Come play your instruments, all skill levels welcomed
- "The most upsetting form of karaoke known to man"
- There may even be extra instruments
- Bike night!
- Wednesday, 8pm - bring your bikes, talk bike
- Shellie's Art-Crafts-Digital Media-Knitting Open Office Hours
- Friday, 8:30 - 10
- Interested in getting laser authorized?
- V-Carve makerspace is now on our CNC machines
- You can download a
- How can I upgrade from a starving hacker membership to a full membership?
- Cancel your current paypal subscription, sign up for a full subscription
Who wants to give a tour?
- Thanks Will!