Meeting Notes 2016-06-14
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-06-07||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-06-21 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
Bruce | Bart is a neighbor | background in mechanical engineering Mark | from River Forest, with Bruce | does a bit of metalworking & blacksmithing, wants to learn more about 3D modeling and CAD design Emanuel | wants to learn about furniture design Jennifer | does packaging design Noah | Product design | learned about us at Catalyze, they recommended us
Two Random Members
- Matt - member since 2013, woodshop, Derek
- An - financial analyst, woodshop,
Board and Area Hosts
- Justin - President
- Jennie - Vice President
- Lyn - Director at Purple
- Brian - Treasurer
- Simon - Secretary
- Ron - Hot metals area host
- Anna - Electronics area host
- Matt Triano - woodshop area host
Things that need doing around the space
- We need a new wood shop area host
- Triano is stepping down
- We thanked him for his years of service and his zero-finger-loss
- Empty the dust collectors
- Take out the trash
- Wash your dishes and the sinks. If the sinks are grey, they should be white.
- Full members need to make their choices on the space planning survey by the deadline, which is today!
- An idea: build a collaborative Rube Goldberg machine to celebrate the new space
- We need a home for a cat that Jennie found and is fostering. The cat is fixed, friendly, and has been checked by the vet.
- Matt Triano for everything / 3 years of service for the woodshop host
- Jennie for taking care of and Ken for rescuing BloodFangFireScourge (the cat)
- Justin for getting a mystery box of office supplies at a liquidator and supplying us with pens and rulers for all of eternity.
- Lyn for covering for Simon as Secretary last week
- Jennie and Lyn for running meetings while Justin was out of town.
- for the sewing classes
What have you been hacking
- Power racing team made a frame for the vehicle.
- June 25-26 is the first race in Kansas City at a Maker Faire
- Simon installed an art thing at Currents, a New Media festival in Santa Fe
- Alex learned Java yesterday and made a cheesy video game / galaga clone.
- Jennie has been hacking dolls ... into pieces
- Ananda has been fabric hacking: trying to find/create a well-fitting underdress pattern for a period piece for 925 AD in Norway
- Lyn made a new pair of pants by adding new legs (one purple lace, one white lace) to gray shorts
- John's working on guitars
- Looking for somebody to strip polyurethane off a fender neck - talk to Noah
- Dubi made a doorstop that says "Hodor"
- Python office hours is tomorrow evening at 7pm in the electronics area. Bring your computer.
- SIGBOT - special interest group in robotics - happens Thursday night at 7pm. Come talk robotics.
- Hebocon is Saturday at Catalyze - it's a sucky dumb robot competition. The robots are dumb and sucky, not the competition. Robot build happens during the day, competition is at 5 pm (maybe).
- Air conditioning in the shop works
- Game night at 5 pm Saturday in the lounge. Board games! Sometimes we order food!
- 9th Annual Zombie March is happening: 3:30 pm Saturday at the Bean in Millennium Park
- Somebody challenged Rahm Emanuel to a duel on Saturday
- Ron is going to be away next week. If you need hot metals stuff, ask him before. Or after.
- Cable Access Jam Office Hours is tomorrow at 7pm. Play instruments, nicely, poorly, with experience or not.
- Fusion 360 meetup is happening June 22
- CADo-ocracy June 24 6-9 pm - CAD office hours
- We need a new woodshop area host
- 300 seconds of fame is happening tonight after the tour & member meeting
- There's a new vote being announced tonight for improving lighting in the new space using a Comed program that subsidizes installing energy efficient lighting.
- How can I get my ID checked as a new member?
- Board members will be here to check
- Did the disorienation happen tonight?
- It did! It will happen second Tuesday of every month at 7 pm
- Dubi is looking for a shaft ~1-2 ft long for a split-flap display
- Get a cold-rolled steel rod or 6061 aluminum rod from McMaster or Alro - www.myalro.com
- [www.myalro.com] has drops sorted by location
- EMJ Steel sometimes has drop lists online
Who wants to give a tour?
- Ron, as always, because he's a total boss.