Meeting Notes 2016-07-12
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-07-05||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-07-19 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Alexia | metal-work & welding | found us when looking for a 3D printer and laser cutter in 2011ish, met somebody (Eric B?) at wood reuse workshop
- Glenn | found out online through hackerspace wiki | works with 3D printers, making the low-end ones work better
- Jim | woodwork and interest in metal
- H Kapp Klote | interested in Python and working remotely from the space
- Yijun Yuan | software developer | old member, returning
- David | Learned about PS1 from An | builds things out of pallets, dressers
- Oliver | Found out about PS1 from Andrew C | working on projects (like RC airplane), woodworking and guitar-making interest
Two Random Members
- Adriana | member for four months | programmer, came here to learn python, now doing woodworking and welding | heard about python meetup here through Sheila
- Julie | found out about PS1 from Adriana | programming for work, enjoying learning welding, metals, woodworking
Board and Area Hosts
- Justin - President
- Jennie - Vice President
- Lyn - Director at Purple & Wild Events
- Simon - Secretary
- Ray - Director of PR
- Ron - Hot Metals Area Host
- Erik - General Area Host
- Andrew Camardella - CNC Area Host
- Anna - Electronics Area Host
Things that need doing around the space
- Clean up after yourself
- Keep the kitchen clean
- Rinse containers before putting them in the recycling
- Someone should take the recycling to a recycling center
- Turn off AC and electric things when you leave the space
- Keep the backdoor closed after 7 pm and when you leave the space
- Find the DeWalt Cordless drill
- Take out the trash
- Empty the dust collectors and make sure they’re not full before using a tool
- Jennie & Lyn for cleaning out the fridge and throwing away the nasty bits
- Gerald for the Strawberry Soiree - making strawberry shortcake & vegan delights
- Shelly for the hypertufa & hardy succulent class
- Ken for tirelessly working on tires and the rest of the power-racing series
- Jeremy for bringing in his truing stand
- Steve from lockpicking found a home for Jennie’s cat
What have you been hacking
- Simon trued his bike wheel
- Allen refined his raspberry pi bit clock
- Erik learned a new recipe for pan release - google “pan goop”
- Katie made drawstring pants and then immediately learned how to alter pants
- Jennie used PS1 wood dust to make a punching bag
- Shelly made a rad drawing
- Justin hung his climbing gear wall on his non-climbing-gear-wall
- CAJOO - Wednesday at 7 - come jam with us, all skill levels welcome
- Python Office Hours - Wednesday at 7 in the Electronics lab
- Advanced 3D printing class - Thursday at 6 pm
- Kicad class - Thursday, 7 pm
- Tonight! 300 seconds of fame.
- Wood lathe authorization is coming up sometime soon - fill out the doodle poll to get it scheduled
- Beer church on Sunday at noon-ish until it’s done or dropped - bring beer and brew beer
- BBQ event - bring food and grill, Thursday, August 25 - 7-10 pm, open to the public
- Craft & BBQ out - Satruday, July 23, 4pm - will have hamburgers, hotdogs, veggie hotdogs, condiments, plates, and fruit juice spritzer
- Shopbot 1 authorization happening Saturday at 3pm
- Milling PCBs on Carvey workshop by Michael Una - Monday at 7 pm
- NERP (not exclusively raspberry pi) on Monday at 7 pm- discussing Amazon AWS and IoT things, dash buttons and
- Analog Game Night - 5 pm until the end - Saturday - come play games
- What is the status of the move?
- Still waiting for Tony to move out and paint. Progress is happening. Dates seem to be fluid.
- Did we get approved for the subsidized lighting improvements?
- Yes! Work might even happen next week.
- Did we apply for subsidized lighting revamp on this side of the building?
- No, much of the lighting is already T-8, didn’t necessarily seem worthwhile
- Vote to Fund Space Expansion
- Vote to expand cleaning service
Who wants to give a tour?
- Thanks to Andrew for giving the tour!