Meeting Notes 2016-07-26
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-07-19||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-08-02 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Katrina | Crafts | came with Joe
- Joe | electronics and vacuum tubes & guitar amps | was looking for hacker spaces
- Jim | builds things with lights, replacing struts for geodesic dome |
- Bryan | member a few years ago | wood shop | working on half-built guitars
- Brian As Well | Friends with Bryan | Graphic Designer | Turned 60's German Radio into a bluetooth receiver with Raspberry Pi
- Ling | learned about from a friend
- John | makes electronic gadgets like high dynamic range voltage measurements, interested in machining chassis
- Don | motorcycle stuff, electronics, product design | found out on Meetup
Two Random Members
- Lyn | Member since 2013 | Makes crafty stuff, like a band phone cover, hacked shirts & pants | was looking for somewhere that had 3D printing available
- Ron | Member for 4-5 years | makes and hacks lots of things |
Board and Area Hosts
- Justin - President
- Jennie - Vice President
- Simon - Secretary
- Lyn - Director at Purple and Wiiiiild Events
- Erik - General Area Host
- Shellie - Crafts Area Host
- Gerald - Kitchen Area Host
- Ron - Hot Metals Area Host
Things that need doing around the space
- Move rubble from wall destruction in lounge 2.0
- But only once the dumpster gets emptied! Wednesday is the next time.
- Don't pour goo down the sink in hot metals! And unclog it.
- Clean up after yourself
- Lyn for throwing an awesome barbecue and craft party!
- Ron Bean for removing tripping hazard threshold on door, replaced and labeled light switches!
- Ron O. and Everett for cleaning up wall debris!
- Doorman Dave for doing a membership audit!
- Everybody who took down the wall in lounge 2.0!
- Andrew Camardella for reviving the area host mailing list!
- Sam Paris for finding the Kitchen Aid!
What have you been hacking
- Gerald made a vegan miso soup with seaweed and Kale - go eat it in the kitchen after the meeting!
- Simon made overly-finished and super-sanded gardening stakes from branches
- Will made a gameboy emulator
- Tom put some grounding straps on the dust collector so it's no longer arcing
- Ron got a red Harbor Freight Push Cart for hot metals
- Don finished a '78 Honda project
- Jennie made a new base for a lamp out of plaster
- Lyn drew on her arm
- CAJOO - Cable Access Jam Office Hours is tomorrow at 7 in the new space
- Come play instruments or learn how to play instruments - extra instruments will be available to those who need
- Kicad Training: 7-9 pm
- Python Office Hours - 7-9 pm tomorrow
- Pleather Fanny Pack Workshop on Thursday 7:30
- Because pleather and fanny packs are both rad
- Analog Game Night, Saturday 5pm to late, in the lounge
- Detroit Make Faire is this weekend
- Power Wheels Racing Team is racing in Detroit and having fun. If you want to go, we can carpool. Talk to Jennie!
- Indoor Drone Racing on Thursday in the new space
- Small Metals Office Hours - Sunday 1-4 pm
- There's a purple light on this
- Oh yeah, btw, we are occupying the new space!
- Can we get a quote from waste disposal for hazardous material pickup?
- Yep. Go ahead and get a quote.
- How do you get authorized?
- Find a tool on the wiki, look for authorization information
- If the wiki doesn't have helpful information, send an email to the mailing list and ask
- Are membership fees tax-deductible?
- They're not donations.
- How do I claim a storage space as a full member?
- Talk to Erik Wessing and check Member Storage Registry
- What are the hours?
- 24/7, once you're a member
Who wants to give a tour?
- Thanks to Ron for giving a tour!