Meeting Notes 2016-08-09
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-08-02||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-08-17 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
Carl | Software Developer | Brought here by Cam | interested in Pi Cam | Visiting from minneapolis for a few days Kyle | Furniture making Mark | Came with Kyle | likes cars | first time Ryan | Painting, wood sculpture, furniture, skateboards CNC routers Audio engineer | found out from Ken | Patrick | referred by Phil at metals supermarket | looking to build a car from scratch Makes collage | from France | was looking for a studio on Craigslist, Ray suggested she check it out
Two Random Members
Darren | Member for a month | found us on internet from LA | weld, sculpt, glass | working on a tall bike Aaron | member for ~2 years | from Chicago |
Board and Area Hosts
- Lyn - Director at Purple and Wild Events
- Jennie - Vice President
- Simon - Secretary
- Anna - Electronics Area Host
- Ken - Volunteer woodshop authorizer
- Erik - General Area Host
- Ron - Hot Metals Host
- Gerald - Kitchen Area Host
Things that need doing around the space
- Need help moving an industrial stove from Evanston to the space - contact Gerald
- Friday between 9 am and 3 pm
- We do not need any more scrap metal unless it is actual sheet metal useful for welding etc.. Please no more random things that are metal or metal-ish donated in hot metals.
- In general: ask the area host first before donating your crap! Er, stuff.
- No goo down the sink
- Wash your own dishes, take out your trash,
- Lounge 2.0 is going to be finished soon - spackling and painting event will happen soon
- Please remove ALL items from the racks between hot metals and the shopbot and the racks between cold metals and the wood shop
- Those racks are going away
- Ken for cleaning out the sink in hot metals
- Andrew and Aaron and Sam Rose for helping with the mini-Maker Faire
- Ron Bean for hanging hooks in the bathrooms
- Aushra for teaching a class on copper
- Sam Paris for microwave kiln workshop
- Gerald and Shelly for kitchen inventory and planning
- Daniel for painting the lounge 2.0
- Daniel for making iced coffee all the time
- Lyn for running the meeting today
- Feel better soon Justin!
What have you been hacking
- Will made a chain mail dice bag
- Ron soldered a 3x3 LED matrix and wrote a snake program to drive it with an Arduino
- Shelly made a cashew-based vegan cheese cake
- Kitchen planning committee meetings happening on Friday at 6 pm and Saturday, time TBD - talk to Gerald and/or check the calendar
- Come help plan and coordinator next steps for the kitchen
- Woodshop authorization will happen on Monday at 7 pm with Ken (and most Mondays in the future
- Analog game night on Saturday - food, games, fun! In lounge 1.0 at 5pm until late
- Cable Access Jam Office Hours - come play instruments with us, talent or skill not necessary!
- Wednesday at 7 in the new space
- Python office hours, Wednesday at 7, come program, chat, ask or answer questions
- NERP - Not Exclusively Raspberry Pi is Monday at 7 in the electronics lab
- Show and Tell - bring your projects!
- Documentary short showing tomorrow night in lounge 2.0 - and I'm happy to shoot video for folks with a DSLR
- 300 Seconds of Fame is happening tonight!
- Where can I see all the events?
- Events calendar - click on Events on the main page
Who wants to give a tour?
- Thanks to Ron for giving a tour!