Meeting Notes 2016-08-23
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-08-16||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-08-30 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
- Danny - moved here from Seattle, is into drones, boats, building tools, googled maker spaces.
- Dexter - In school mechanical engineer, into robotics, found out through JP.
- Abe - mechanical engineer, computers, gaming tech nerd, recommended through Jeremy.
- Austin - tinkering, cars, woodworking , found out through Abe.
- Eng - just graduated mechanical engineer, solid works, automation using sensors, found out through college.
- Scott - wants to learn about ps1, learn python, found out through Python meetup.
- Dr. Harvey - 50 patents, chemistry, electro plating device. Brown introduced him, the guy with a rock crusher. Nuclear physician, knows electronics.
- Trent - graphic designer, art, interest in STEM, found out through Dr. Harvey.
Two Random Members
- Dan - industrial designer, hack LED lighting, carbon nano tube plate lighting, found out from a friend.
- Jacob, interested in power boats, president of Evanston makers, googled maker spaces
Board and Area Hosts
Things that need doing around the space
- Finish lounge 2.0
- Back door being open is an issue with security
- Clean up after yourself!
- If you use stuff, maybe buy some more.
- Andrew - for authorizing on wood lathe
- Andrew and Matt - Power washed lounge 2.0
- Ed and bob - took care of mac mini
What have you been hacking
- John Farmer - Working on a guitar.
- Danny - Working on a drone, one has removable arms.
- JP - secured line of sight rights for southeast of O'Hare, for cameras and put on You tube
- Jonny - using software to making a game, based on pet.
- Shelly - finished three more pages for a coloring book.
- Friday at 6 - Kitchen planning meeting
- Thursday - barbeque, bring beer and meat, breakfast for dinner
- Wednesday - Python
- Wednesday - Cajoo
- Thursday - Kicad, Andrew S.
- MSnbc book club
- Saturday - Analog game night
- Saturday - Southside mini maker fair
- Sunday - Orientation to PS1
- Historical significance of PS1, based on the first responder to Chicago fire.
- How do events and access to the space work.
Who wants to give a tour? Dan will give a tour!