Meeting Notes 2016-09-06
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-08-30||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-09-13 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Kyle | woodworking, interested in welding | somebody mentioned the space two years ago
- Mike | interested in wood, some welding history | found us on Google
- Philip | Coding, Raspberry Pis, 3D printing | googled Hackerspace
- Mary | Beads & Glass beads | STEM chairman with boy scouts, developing programming with robots for scouts | Bruce F. referred us
- Cedric | working with Mary
- Alan | woodworking | with Mary
- Kevin | electronics, looking to expand into metalwork
- Joseph | software, working on hardware & electronics | found us on duck duck go
- Rayvon | software, wood | referred by another member
Two Random Members
- Darren | here for 3 months | bike work, glass, wood, metal | was looking for workshop rental
- Lyn | member since 2012 | tiny rubber,bands, acrylic, laser cutting, shirts | was looking for 3D printers
Board and Area Hosts
- Justin - President
- Lyn - Director at Large, Purple, and Wiiiiiild Events
- Simon - President
- Ron - Hot Metals Area Host
- Anna - Electronics Area Host
- Andrew - CNC Area Host
- Michael - Director at large
Things that need doing around the space
- Let the new space paint dry until Thursday, waiting for CNC plasma table to come in Friday
- Once the paint is dry in the new space, we'll be moving things over to the new space in an orderly manner, with a stop in the dock for cleaning, maintenance, documentation before moving
- Be ready to do stuff, sometime after this coming Friday!
- Saturday: 2 10x4' 1/4" pieces of steel are getting moved from the School of the Art Institute to become tables. (Also getting cut into smaller pieces before getting loaded onto truck to move here.)
- Meeting at 9 am at PS1 or a bit later at SAIC - contact Ron to come help
- Put liability releases into the liability into the gray box upstairs or the safe in lounge 1.0
- Could we put the liability waiver box downstairs near the door?
- Suggestion: visitor badges for folks who are not yet members
- Go ahead and make them
- Everybody who helped prep and paint the new space
- Matt and Andrew for wrestling the shotblaster
- Sue for donating salad, egg rolls, donuts
- Folks in the woodshop on Friday night for helping new person with tablesaw
- Jason for finding out information about laser cutter for the marathon invitation cutting session
- Jennie for salvaging goods from the dumpster
What have you been hacking
- Made coffee ice cubes to make iced coffee
- Darren finished his bike & figured out his shifter. Next step: LED display on bike
- Lyn created a battery holder for old laptop batteries to hook up to fans and things
- Ron put together a raspberry pi powered time-lapse camera to record the new space
- Simon built temporary lighting system with clamp lights and lifting poles
- SIGBOT - Special Interest Group for Robotics
- Thursday, 7-9 pm
- Lockpicking - 8 - 10 pm in lounge
- Come learn how to pick locks
- Analog game night is Saturday, 5 pm until late in the lounge
- Knitting Machines with Jesse - Friday, 6-8pm
- Python Office Hours, 7-9 pm
- Kicad training part 6 - Thursday, 7-9 pm
- NERP, not exclusively Raspberry Pi - Monday, 7-9 pm
- Solder, Stitch, and Code - Women's Electronics Workshop
- How much does it cost to join?
- $40 or $70 / month
Who wants to give a tour?
- Thanks to Andrew for giving a tour!