Meeting Notes 2016-09-27
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-09-20||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-10-04 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
Paul - Milwaukee Maker Faire - Welding/Sculpting/Woodkworking Carlos - - Making cool things Jessie - Found out from another member - Entrepreneurship Rick - Searching online for offbeat things in Chicago - Paper crafts/Very big paper crafts
Two Random Members
Patrick - Google search and Make Magazine on hackerspaces - Makes blinky lights and Power Racing Series Jessie - - Likes electronics / machine knit circuit boards
Board and Area Hosts
Justin - President of PS:1 Ray - Public relations, upstairs Ron - Hot metal area hosts Andrew - CNC area host Erik - General area host Gerald - Kitchen area host Eric - Woodshop area host
Things that need doing around the space
- Need people to move stuff around to the appropriate spaces; area hosts have been adding tasks to AirTable.
- Lounge 2.0 needs cleanup
- RFID system needs some love
- Jessie has some electronic work on the walls - needs some tapcon for the walls
- Andy needs a space for spray painting
- Joe Dowling and Matt Keith ground all the tiles off the floor in the alcove and reground the flood in the CNC area
- Andrew and Jenny and everyone who went to Milwaukee for the Power Racing Series and Patrick for the good race
- Eric secured some new equipment
- Ron made one of the plasma TVs work with a Raspi
What have you been hacking
- Johnny made a knife from a railroad spike
- Jeremy made some inflatable Christmas inflatables singing about their own mortality at Elmuhrst Art Museum
- Ken has woodshop authorizations on Monday at 7pm
- Make sure the back doors close
- Back doors need some work with the hinges
- Leo bought a 40w laser cutter - could use some help with Corel Draw to it
- Gerald is going to do another curry demo two Saturdays from now for making Japanese brown curry; meat and vegan versions
- Gerald's kitchen office hours are Fridays at 6pm to 7 or 8.
- Kitchen planning meeting this Friday at 6pm
- Justin is having Bike Nite tomorrow at 7pm
- Tomorrow at 7pm is Cajoo - people getting together and play instruments.
- Arduino workshop with Jessie October 26th at 2pm
Ray's being volunteered to give a tour