Meeting Notes 2016-11-01
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-10-25||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-11-08 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Jack | software job, woodworking hobbyist | found us online
- Frank | composer | found us online
- Danny | found us through meetup | looking for space to make common lab equipment for bacterial genetics
- Laura | Product design, furniture design, home technology, building a portfolio | found out about us through friend Revant
- Kyle | software engineer, found us through the Chicago tech Slack channel | interested in electronics & woodworking
Two Random Members
- Divine | electronics & engineering | Triano referred him | member for a few months
- Dubi | software | referred by a friend Carl | has an awesome bear costume
Board and Area Hosts
- Justin - President - Robots, beer, and bicycles
- Simon - Secretary - photography, electronics, and installation art
- Lyn - member since 2012 - Director of Purple and Wiiiild Events - crafts, electronics, purple things
- Michael - director at large - wood and hot metal - member for 3 years
- Ron - Hot Metals Area Host
- Anna - Electronics Area Host
- Erik - General Area Host
- Aushra - Small Metals Area Host and Cubs Enthusiast
- Shelly by proxy for Gerald who is the Kitchen Area Host
- Brian - Treasurer - LED art - member since 2011
- Jennie - Vice President - wood, metal, doll scalps
Things that need doing around the space
- Lounge 2.0 needs its projector and projector screen mounted
- Screen can go over/in front of bar
- Is there paint for CNC area? Maybe.
- Light by the back door does not have a battery.
- Ron will find out what kind of battery the light needs.
- Loading dock needs to be cleaned out - tables need to be relocated - because beer church needs to move there for kitchen renovations are going to happen
- Related: find the hardware for the tables in the loading dock and put the tables together
- Leftover food from the party needs to be eaten
- Baked beans, hamburgers, pretzels, chips, purple m&m's
- Take out the garbage
- Divine helped pull wire on the big buildout night for hours and hours
- Lyn for throwing an awesome Halloween party
- Adriana, Will, Jennie, Erik , Jacob, Ashley, Shelly L, Daniel, Gerald, Justin, Patrick C., Julie, Simon, Pancho, Kitchen 17 for helping with the party too!
- Adriana and Joseph for taping the drywall
- Diana for cotton candy machine
- Will for making cotton candy
- Ashley for all the awesome face paint
- Jesse for running knitted circuit class
What have you been hacking
- Will made a knife
- Shelly grew potatoes
- Aushra made knitted circuits at Jesse's workshop
- Lyn made artificial purple hair
- Dubi made the carpet from the Shining in pure CSS
- Will made a ram mask from Wintercroft
- Soap-making Class: Novempber 19, Saturday 2 pm
- Tell Brian on the Google Group post if you're interested
- Lockpicking - Wednesday at 8pm, come learn how to pick locks
- National novel-writing month is this month. Shelly might do something
- Game night - Saturday at 5 pm
- 300 Seconds of Fame is next Tuesday after the member meeting
- Sign up here 
- Talks will be recorded, with your consent
- Kitchen Office Hours 6-8 pm on Friday
- Potluck at the member meeting on November 29
- NERP - Not Exclusively Raspberry Pi - Monday
- Small Metals Office Hours 1-4 pm on Sunday
- Python Office Hours tomorrow from 7-9pm
- Where did you get the cotton candy machine?
- Grand Rental in Desplaines, it was ~$64 for a 24 hour rental
- Donating things - how can I get a receipt?
- Talk to the relevant area host to make sure it's something we need or want, but
- Has the more regular and expanded maid service been started?
- Really? Because they look a little gnarly.
- What do we need to get the ring off the toilet?
- Porcelain cleaner to remove mineral deposits, which cleaning service does not do.
- When is woodshop authorization?
- Check the calendar: many Mondays and Thursdays
- I want to do 3D CAD design, but I don't have my own computer
- Software is on a bunch of computers, e.g. upstairs craft/3D printing computer
- CADoo-ocracy happens November 11 at 7pm
- Would people want a computer graphic design office hours? (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Dubi is gauging interest, so let him know if you're interested
- Yes, if there's something specific to talk about
- Who is going to the Album Listening Group on Sunday 3-5pm?
- It's Damien Jurado's Maraqopa
Who wants to give a tour?
- Thanks Will and Jack