Meeting Notes 2016-11-15
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-11-08||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-11-22 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
Kristian | referred by friends Tim | robotics or drones maybe? Jeremy | general interest | brought Kristian & Tim | heard about PS1 at Chicago Python User Group Vai | weaving, video game arts, maya, front end development | 3D printing proteins | found us on Meetup Adam | woodworking background | Josip | built computers | interested in CNC and 3D modeling | ex brought him into PS1 | woodworking background Logan | software work & woodworking hobby | found us on Google Asa | Sarah brought Asa | interested in 3D printing | background is dinosaurs, foraging medical Sarah | architect, 3D modeling, 3d printing | interested in reconnecting with community | founding member back in the day | interested in online security events Bastian | brought by Kristy | background in computer science Kristy | heard about us in Harold Washington makerspace | grad student, with background in ceramics and pottery, taking woodworking
- Chris | Information security | we're not hard to find
Two Random Members
- Darin | member for six months | found us after missing his woodshop | metalworking, woodworking, lathework, fire, mayhem, etc.
- Ron | member for 5ish years | found out about us from a former treasurer
Board and Area Hosts
- Justin - President
- Jennie - Vice-President
- Lyn - Director at Purple and Wiiiiilllld Events
- Simon - Secretary
- Michael's phone - Director-at-large's phone
- Anna - Electronics Area Host
- Ron - Hot Metals Area Host
- Gerald - Kitchen Area Host
- Shellie - Arts and Crafts Area Host
- Aushra - Small Metals Area Host
- Erik - General Area Host
Things that need doing around the space
- Three tall metal racks in the new space need to go back to the old space
- Airtable spreadsheet has tasks: Airtable
- We could use help on network infrastructure & IT stuff
- Come talk to Justin, he'll start to give you access
- Clean up after yourself
- Put huge pizza boxes directly into the dumpster, don't just jam them into the trash can
- Water needs to get moved into the quenching bucket
- Lyn & Adriana volunteered
- Keep the nice new hot metals clean
- Floorboards upstairs need to get held down
- Ed has an idea for a plan, Mari volunteers to help
- Adriana, Darin, Ron, Dave, and Daniel for getting Hot Metals
- Michael Skilton for putting the new sandbox in place
- Andrew, Jason, Mari, Josip, Simon for painting the CNC room
- Ed for tackling floorboards
What have you been hacking
- Mari is working on a self-automated webscraper - looking for
- Ron & Darin made a new welding table
- Gerald painted four miniatures
- Josip putting together designs for his first project
- Johnny learning guitar, developing a game world using Godot
- Shellie made a whole bunch of web pages
- Fifth Tuesday of the month is a potluck at the November 29th member meeting
- Cookie exchange on December 10th - open to members and nonmembers alike - and maybe also a bake sale
- There's a vote tonight on CNC Funding
- Not Exclusively Raspberry Pi - Monday, 11/21 - agenda TBD, 7-9 pm
- CAJOO - Cable Access Jam Office Hours - Come jam with instruments, no skill or instruments necessary
- Analog Game Night - Saturday 5pm until late
- Come help edit the wiki - Sat, 1:30-3:00
- Soap-making class on Saturday - sign up with Brian ahead of time
- How long have you been in this space? Half the building - 2012; the rest - July
- Ed, how's your arm?
- Much better, thank you.
- I want to make an arduino system to control some blinds on a skylight
- Come to Electronics Office Hour & NERP
- How can I get access to different tools?
- Once you're a member, get authorized. Authorizations are on the calendar, or details are in the wiki, or email the mailing list
- What is member stored space situation?
- Full members get a shelf or locker. Shelves are full right now, lockers are available. We are planning on building more shelves.
- What about projects in process?
- Leave contact information if you are leaving things for a short period of time. See Tidy_Space_Policy
- Is there a restriction on fumes or toxic materials?
- If it's going to poison people, don't do it. Be sparing with spray - we don't have a great ventilation system here.
- There's also a loading dock.
- Could we get pictures of the Area Hosts up? Or a white board?
- Yep. Do it.
- Is airbrushing okay?
- Yep, talk to Shellie
- Is there anybody who can certify on metal lathe?
- Who does authorization for Shopbot?
- Look out for recurring class for authorization
- How do I get authorized on metals?
- Tier One goes through many of the tools, check the calendar or email the list
- CNC Budget
- Vote passes 53 in favor, 2 opposed, 3 abstain
Who wants to give a tour?