Meeting Notes 2016-12-06
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-11-29||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-12-13 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Lizzie | found us on google | interested in woodworking |
- Carl | generally curious | found us by parking a divvy bike, somebody came out and asked is he was
- Kurt | electronics, wants to make physical things, such as welding, laser cutter, cnc equipment | found us
- Seth | industrial designer, fabrication, maintenace | found us on Google or word of mouth
- Stephan | student of design & technology | went to NY makerfaire | ordered a 3D printer, interested in woodworking, casting iron, lasercutting
- Rick | programmer | found us researching a stem project | looking for people to help build a manual compressor for hurricane-proof homes
- Christine | largevolume system| would like to whittle medal | heard about us from workshop 88
- Joseph | found us on meetup | industrial designer
Two Random Members
- Simon | looking for workspace and community |
- Lyn | member since 2013 | joined to 3D print something, but found the lasercutter was rad instead | analog game nights, lock picking |
Board and Area Hosts
- Justin - president
- Jennie - vice president
- Lyn - director of purple and willld events
- Simon - secretary
- Michael - director at large
- Ron - hot metals
Things that need doing around the space
- Please close the back door, especially at night (and turn off the lights)
- Pull the front door closed with a firm grasp, but don't slam it
- Mount the projector and screen in lounge 2.0
- Keep fire lanes and the electrical boxes clear
- Trygve for all the work he does around the space
- Ray for getting quotes for ADA assessment
- Anthony helped Will reassemble the front door window
- Lyn for helping Jennie teach her buddy how to sew
- Justin for getting Adriana set up with wiki credentials
What have you been hacking
- Simon made a spoon
- Ron made the TV snow
- Joseph made a side table out of a cardboard box
- Seth made an Iron Man light-up hockey goalie helmet
- Stephan reworked a laptop into a portable screen
- Will working on a tiara for his sister that will flicker like candles
- Rick reworked a Singer sewing machine to make growbags out of polypropylene
- Jennie made a bunch of spool clamps
- Christine working on a new server
- Miles is piecing together information about RFID system
- Stephan bought five theater seats at Salvage One, working on reworking
- Manual compressor to turn food trays into bricks
- Woodshop authorization is canceled on Monday
- Cookie Exchange on Saturday the 10th at 6pm
- Bring at least two dozen cookies for trade
- If you can't make it, contact Shelly for an early dropoff
- Cake Decorating Class at 4 pm on Saturday
- Miles sharpened two of the knives in the kitchen
- Bike night - Wednesday at 8 pm in the shop
- Lockpicking - Wednesday at 8pm in the lounge
- SIGBOT - special interest group for robotics - Thursday at 7 pm
- Holiday gathering December 20 - at member meeting
- New Year's Eve party at PS1 - you'll have to guess when it is
- Ring-making class on Sunday and on the 18th - signup on the Meetup groupo
- Shopbot authorization is on Saturday at noon
- Yup. Maybe not in this room. Come to Python office hours, because it's not all Python.
- How could I find out if people want to take something I want to donate?
- Talk to area hosts
- Was there a TV with all the game consoles?
- The projector!
- What's the deal with the big tv in the lounge?
- Good question.
- Do I need to know how to use the shopbot in order to go to the authorization?
- Nope. No experience necessary.
- If I want to make a vacuum cleaner to suck up leaves for compost is this the right crowd.
- Yep. Post to the mailing list to find people with ideas or expertise.
- 3D scanning, can we do it here?
- Yep, we've got a couple of scanner things, maybe.
Who wants to give a tour?
- Thanks Will for giving a tour!