Meeting Notes 2016-12-20
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-12-13||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-12-27 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Mark - design/build carpentry, photography, ebay-er, sold trigger pads; used the internet, communicated with Ray
- Brian - woodworking, found us on the internet
- Garrett - New Chicagoan looking for shopspace for woodworking and CNC, found PS:1 on internet
- Nicole - doesn't know what she wants to do but likes learning, likes cooking, likes gastronomy; found out about us through her father
- Christina - girlfriend of Garrett, here to start learning; found out through Garrett
- Mitch - tool and die maker by trade, welder told him about us a few months ago
- Sam - welder by trade, looking for a place to do some metalworking and CNC---found out through John
- John - likes sewing and metalwork, starting machinist school soon; found out through Meetup a long time ago
- Susan - here with husband, wants to do engraving and monogramming and 3D printing
Two Random Members
Dan - industrial designer by trade, taking architect exam, cafe racer is current project Carl - makes videos of conferences, Python code, makes ice bacon; in 2009 there was a meeting about having a hackerspace and Carl attended
Board and Area Hosts
- Justin - President
- Lyn - Director at Purple and Wild Events
- Brian - Treasurer
- Michael - Director at large
- Jennie - Vice President
- Ron - Hot Metals Area Host
- Aushra - Small Metals Area Host
- Gerald and Shelly - Kitchen Area Host
- Erik - General Area Host
- Anna - Electronics Area Host
Things that need doing around the space
- Ron put up fire extinguishers but the signs need mounted to the wall. The signs are on the CNC plasma cutter. Jennie to put them up.
- Gerald is looking for helpers for an organized deep clean of the kitchen in the beginning of the new year.
- Shovel the sidewalk! It is fun and causes us to not get fined by the cit-ay.
- Shovel around the dumpster so that our garbage folk can access it and we don't ultimately drown in our own filth, which is, to be fair, a pretty rad way to go.
- Clean up after selves.
- Empty the garbage.
- Empty the dust collector. Use the dust collector. It is your friend.
- Don't overfill the dumpster, also causing us to get fined by the cit-ay.
- Cord needs run out for projector.
- Andy L- helped Ron build box for daughter.
- Mari cleaned the kitchen.
- Ron put up fire extinguishers, gives tons of tours, passes chicken nuggets when asked, and does a lot of other great things. We all just like him a lot, it would seem.
- Andrew for helping with WikiGnomes.
- Lyn set up party all throughout year.
- Jonny Panic mopped the floors.
- John for Bridgeport authorizations.
- Aushra for an ultra cool ring-making demo.
- Andrea for WikiGnomes.
What have you been hacking
- Will made a gingerbread house and has robots.
- McTavish made a picture frame.
- Shelly Loke made a some really awesome coloring book pages.
- Carl filled a pipe with water after cutting a slit in it, then froze it so that it would extrude several inches of thin ice bacon.
- Aushra taught ring making workshops and made a ton of rings alongside her pupils, like a boss.
- Ron made coffee
- Dec. 31st, 5PM to 2AM, New Years Eve Party with face painting and food and games and supreme merriment.
- We have a new popcorn maker. Don't make coffee in it. Seriously, don't. It is not going to be as awesome as you think it will be, plus then it will be rubbish at making popcorn forevermore. But I do understand the allure. But seriously don't. Not cool. Buy your own so you can feel the disappointment, if you must.
- Dec 27th Build Party- Move the rest of the woodshop over. Starts at 6PM.
- Bike night is cancelled!!!!
- CAJOO is cancelled!!!
- Orientation is cancelled!!!
- Woodshop authorization Thursday is cancelled!!!
- We are looking for a new cold metals volunteer authorizer! If you are interested, please apply by emailing email@example.com
- We are voting tonight! There are ELEVEN votes! It is a vote-a-palooza! Care about the budget because it is a good thing to care about!
- Is there an ETA on the giant laser cutter? It will be ready when all of the infrastructure is done. If you want to help, contact Andrew.
- Authorizations? When? When it says there are authorizations on the calendar. Ken's woodshop authorization will resume after the first of the year.
- 1. 2017 Administrative Budget Vote - 15 in favor in person combined with proxy, 42 votes in favor, 1 against - VOTE PASSES
- 2. 2017 CNC Area Budget Vote - 15 in favor in person combined with proxy, 42 votes in favor, 1 abstention - VOTE PASSES
- 3. 2017 Cold Metals Area Budget Vote - 15 in favor in person combined with proxy, 42 votes in favor, 1 abstention - VOTE PASSES
- 4. 2017 Electronics Area Budget Vote - 15 in favor in person combined with proxy, 42 votes in favor, 1 abstention- VOTE PASSES
- 5. 2017 General Area Budget Vote - 15 in favor in person combined with proxy, 42 votes in favor, 1 against - VOTE PASSES
- 6. 2017 Graphic Arts and Textiles Area Budget Vote - 13 in favor in person combined with proxy, 34 votes in favor, 3 against, 6 abstentions- VOTE PASSES
- 7. 2017 Hot Metals Area Budget Vote - 15 in favor in person combined with proxy, 41 votes in favor, 2 abstaining - VOTE PASSES
- 8. 2017 Kitchen Area Budget Vote - 15 in favor in person combined with proxy, 37 votes in favor, 1 against, 5 abstention - VOTE PASSES
- 9. 2017 Small Metals Area Budget Vote - 15 in favor in person combined with proxy, 41 votes in favor, 2 abstentions - VOTE PASSES
- 10. 2017 Woodshop Area Budget Vote - 15 in favor in person combined with proxy, 42 votes in favor, 1 abstention - VOTE PASSES
- 11. Vote to Buy Commercial Shop Vacuum - 12 in favor in person combined with proxy, 38 votes in favor, 1 against, 4 abstentions - VOTE PASSES
Who wants to give a tour?
Ron is giving a tour.