Meeting Notes 2017-01-17
|<< Meeting Notes 2017-01-10||2017 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2017-01-24 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Chris | found us online
- Pedro | Interested in robots, kids are in high school, python C++
- Brendan | graphic designer + painter, interested in woodshop and other things | friend brought him, now he lives down the street
- Paul | computer stuff, wood, metal | saw us in Make Magazine
- Ashley | design clothing, manufacturing |
- Marshall | wants to know what to hack | has been popping in for awhile | heard about us through New Life
Two Random Members
- Eric | timelapse photography, programming, bad embedded electronics, beer breweing | heard about us on hackerspaces.org | joined in 2011
- Rhonda | joined in 2013 | works in metal bookbinding with copper | joined in 2013 | represented us in Chicago Artist Month | found out about us in a job interview at the MSI, Dan Meyer mentioned the space
Board and Area Hosts
- Justin | President
- Jennie | Vice-President
- Simon | Secretary
- Lyn | Director at Purple and Wiiiillld Events
- Ray | Director of Public Relations
- Michael | Director at Large
- Brian | Treasurer
- Anna | Electronics Area Host
- Andrew | CNC Area Host
- Ron | Hot Metals Area Host
- Erik | General Area Host
- Shellie | Arts & Crafts & Textiles & Digital Media Area Host
- Dean | Cold Metals Area Host
Things that need doing around the space
- Systems group is coming back together and expanding the network
- Need help in any form: software, documentation, putting holes in walls, etc.
- Contact Daniel Peters, Jonathan Bisson, Sky if you're interested.
- One specific short-term need: work on a CAD file of the network
- Heat leakage from lounge 2.0
- Radiators do get warm, but the heat leaks out of the room
- Jonny added weather stripping, which helped
- Doors would be good to add
- Decorate the Lounge 2.0
- Hang mural panels with french cleats so that we can decorate Lounge 2.0
- Need to decide what to do with the old tool cage
- Take out the garbage
- Do not overfill the dumpster
- Johnny for weatherstripping the lounge
- Ed for nailing down the floor to the floor in the Electronics lounge
- Current board for their awesome work
- Daniel for taking on huge amount of systems work for several months
- Andrew for getting the little laser fixed up
- Ken for electrical in CNC
- Skilton for dust collection
- Ron for cutting up door frames
- Jonathan and Daniel for (lit club?)
- Everybody running for the board
- Everybody who nominated somebody for the board
- Shelly for painting seminar
- Jenny & Adriana and others working on the NASA Space Apps hacking application
- Jenny for writing and sharing an essay on the mailing list about what PS:One is about
What have you been hacking
- Lyn made a squatty potty from scrap wood
- Jesse has been making pink pussy hats and dying them pink with Koolaid
- "Ohhh yeah!"
- Shelly has been making toys - dino, doll, and a brown bat
- Will took a class on artisanal bread-baking
- Erik has made repairs to the space:
- Toilet has new flushing mechanism
- New lights in the kitchen
- Made an app for a community center to scan ISBNs for learning materials for the nternal library
- Daniel working on a script to visualize the network traffic and visualize it to music
- Working on OLED lighting, was issued provisional patent on OLED flexible film, entered a fixture in clean energy trust competition
- Epilog Laser is back in service
- Hot metal office hours happen after the meeting, but now only twice a month
- Fifth Tuesday potluck is happening on the fifth Tuesday - January 31st - at the
- Monday Woodshop Authorizations resume on this coming Monday
- Chicago Maker Faire is going to happen April 22-23 at McCormick Place
- Maker Media wants to do the town hall meeting here, it would be 100 people, on February 7 from 6 pm to 8 pm
- Can we fit that many people?
- Could move the Hot Metals stuff out of the way
- If we held it in the wood shop, we would need to move the Shopbot before then
- Anna has machine-moving casters for the shopbot
- They also want to do a power racing demonstration
- They are looking for large demonstration projects
- (50 ft ceilings)
- Call for Makers will come out tomorrow
- Calming Coloring is happening Thursday at 7:30 pm
- Bike night is probably canceled tomorrow, unless you show up and work on bikes
- CAJOO - Wednesday at 7pm - come play instruments, skill or instruments not necessary
- Does everyone know how to log into the blog and write a blogpost?
- Dubi is asking people to help figure out how best to use his found copy of "The Apprentice: The TV Game"
- What are the passwords to the network switches? Please tell Daniel or Jonathan.
- When are woodshop authorizations?
- Both Monday AND Thursday. An embarrassment of riches.
- Do you have a grand plan or vision?
- Yes, we have twenty or thirty of them.
- Is anybody interested in gathering policy statements and bylaws into a manual that we can print?
- Bylaws committee is working on it.
- When can we tell maker media if we can use the room?
- Ron is willing to offer Hot Metals
- Can the board move when the board meeting happens?
- Yep, especially if it conflicts with the Maker event February 7
Who wants to give a tour?
- Thanks Ron for giving the tour