Meeting Notes 2017-01-31
|<< Meeting Notes 2017-01-24||2017 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2017-02-07 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
Two Random Members
Board and Area Hosts
- Andrew - President
- Simon - Secretary
- Jennie - Vice President
- Ed - Director at Large
- Carl - Director at Large Also
- Eric - Wood Shop Area Host
- Erik - General Area Host
- Jonathan - CTO - makes technology things work
- Gerald - Kitchen Area Host
- Anna - Electronics Area Host
- Ray - PR Director
- Brian - Treasurer
- Jeff | interested in learning Arduino, carpenter
- Luis | moved here a few months, misses working with wood
- Abishek | New to Chicago in the past month | founded a hackerspace in Colorado, elec
- Cliff | wants to make a Cello on the Shopbot
- Rick | here to check out the playground
- Johnny | background in software development, wants to make physical things
- Zoe | teaches classes on
- Dan | Software/electronics, wants to connect those to physical things
- Robert | Studying CNC and CAD
- Larry | Just joined, here for an ID check
- Everybody who came for the network meeting
- Matt for wiring up the ventilation and compressed air and chiller all to one button
- Everybody who showed up on Wednesday night for the shop cleanup
- Justin, Andrew, Ken, Eric B., Aushra, Josh, Ed, Anna, Murabi, Lyn, etc. etc. for showing up on Sunday for the shop cleanup work
- Jonathan for fixing our email settings - no more spam!
- Everybody who brought food to the potluck
- Kitchen Cleanup Crew - and everybody who has been maintaining the kitchen in the past weeks
- everybody who helped move the shopbot
What have you been hacking
- Zoe - making a cryo tank from Overwatch
- Justin - laser engraved two stainless steel openers with Thermark
- Dry Moly or Plaster of Paris can also be used to mark steel
- Carl & Sheila registered for Penguicon - a Science Fiction Open Source Convention in Detroit
- Johnny has been using the forge
- X-ray Fluorescence gun was here last night
- TOOOL - Lockpicking tomorrow at 8 pm
- Plan the PS:One participation at the Chicago Maker Faire - Wednesday at 7 pm, somewhere
- Town Hall Event for the Chicago Maker Faire is HERE on Tuesday
- Invite people! Sherry Huss from Make Media will be here. Also somebody from Reed Events to answer questions about load-in.
- Registration is here.
- PS:One is putting out a call for makers to be part of the PS:One booth
- Shelly is launching a kickstarter for her coloring book this week.
- Chocolate Demo - February 11
- Chicago Python Users Group having a meeting on Supervised Machine Learning - Thursday Feb 9 at 6 pm Loyola College - ACM-Chicago
- Shop cleanup / get the space ready for the town hall - Thursday 7:30, Sunday 2 pm
- Bike Night - 8 pm - mess around with bikes!
- Discourse is live! It's here!
Things that Need Doing Around the Space
- Any member project storage that is not in your member storage needs to be removed! Especially things that are in the racks where the old dust storage was (behind the shopbot) because we're cleaning up for the town hall.
- Please clean up after yourself!
- Can you explain the membership?
Two tiers of membership - $40 / $70 per month for Starving Hacker / Full Member memberships
- Which way will it swing?
- Will it work with RFID?
- It will have the electric strike and they will mount our touchpad lock
- Is this going to make the cut ADA accessible?
- No, this entry is not the best choice to make accessible. We're looking at the other front door.
Vote passes, 56 for, 2 against, 1 abstain
Who wants to give a tour?
- Justin & Matt, thanks for giving the tour!