Meeting Notes 2017-03-28
|<< Meeting Notes 2017-03-21||2017 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2017-04-04 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
Board and Area Hosts
- Andrew - President
- Ed - Director at Large - Electronics, Cold Metals, NERP
- Simon - Secretary - Notes and things Rpi & audio this week
- Lyn - 24 Hour Party Person
- Aushra - Small Metals that are Small and Not Steel
- Matt - CNC Area Host
- Brian - Treasurer - math and treasure
- Anna - Electronics -
- Ron - Hot Metals Area Host - Fire, Energy, Sparks
- Gerald & Shelly - Kitchen Area Hosts - Fire, Energy, Edible
- Ken - Space Ops - Infrastructure - getting air, power, water and the like to the machines
- Erik - General Area - Everything Else
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack What brought you here?
- Ian - we're right off the Addison bus stop, here for community... and the woodshop
- Phil - woodshop
- Noah - brought by David
- David - Jesse proselytized effectively while on a Lyft ride
- Mike - drones, electronics, woodworking, brass foundry
- Brian - sign company
- Nico - works at Crafty Beaver, introduced by Brian, has been selling people
- Rolf - not a new member, but
- Alok - Adam introduced Alok to
- Sarah - Introduced by Jesse, woodworking, metals, shopbot
- Neil - 3d art, woodcarving and icecarving, looking for space
- Lashawn - introduced by Lauren, interested in woodworking
- Ed - came from CA, here for community & robotics & antenna design and construction, used to teach and programming and robotic control
- Victoria & Will - Sending a balloon into space, programming, raspberry pis, automating the house, SENDING A BALLOON INTO SPACE
- Peter - working on making 100 square wave synthesizers for audience control.
What have you been hacking
- Dubi added a touchtone headset to his iphone. Available parts are
- Simon made a Volumio audio server with Raspberry Pi
- Gerald painted Battletech three miniatures
- Matt made a keyboard, cut a brass plate with the Analytics waterjet, keys, leds, soldering
- Shelly has been making paintings for the yard at Yosemite Garden Center
- Will finished his first Raspberry Pi project - connected Rpi to an apartment call box
- Nico - career carpenter, rehab homes
- Andrew made a finger sensor at Jesse's event - it senses the bend in your finger
- Jesse ran a finger sensor event - talk to Jesse if you're interested in finger sensors
- Ian makes paintings - recent from NY
Things that need doing around the space
- Window fans in the lounge
- Lots of things in and under limbo - go browse and remove things - wire under the table
- Limbo is now in a single shelf -
- Limbo is a single shelf -
- Rack on the left in the metal shop
- BIG donation came in on Saturday. There's still stuff to be given away - the table that has the sign about being FREE TO TAKE
- Check Lost and Found - take your stuff!
- Bin under the glass table
- Make a bigger sign for lost and found! If Anna doesn't do it, you should.
- Where are cleaning products?
- In the safe! This is not a joke.
- Brian - for closing out the 2016 books!!!!!!!
- Andrew & Ron for putting three carts together for tool carts
- Chris did an awesome Tier One metals authorization
- Will had an awesome game night on Saturday
- SHOP CLEANUP SUNDAY - 2 pm
- OH YEAH COME CLEAN THE SHOP
- Pumping Station One Turns Eight 's Birthday Party - Saturday April 23
- Bronze Anniversary
- Tebbenny Paint store across from Home Depot has given all PS:One members a
- Petersen's Plastics has miscellaneous plexi for goo
- Thursday at 7 - workshop to make touchtone head
- CAJOO - come play music well or badly - Wednesday, 7pm: NOISE SOUNDS MUSIC
- Is Wrestling Even Real
Who wants to give a tour?