Meeting Notes 2017-04-18
|<< Meeting Notes 2017-04-11||2017 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2017-04-25 >>|
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Minutes
- 2.1 Intro to PS1
- 2.2 Introductions
- 2.3 Things that need doing around the space
- 2.4 Awesome Callouts
- 2.5 What have you been hacking
- 2.6 Announcements
- 2.7 Questions
- 2.8 Votes
- 2.9 Board and Space updates and conversation
- 2.10 What needs doing around the space?
- 2.11 Awesome Callouts
- 2.12 Tour
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
Board and Area Hosts
- Andrew - President
- Jennie - Vice President
- Ed - Director at Large & NERPer
- Simon - Secretary
- Lyn - events and the awesome upcoming party
- Erik - General Area Host
- Ron Olson - Hot Metals Area Host and fixer of things and hanger of curtains
- Karl - Board things
- Jonathan - CTO (Computer sTuff Ok) - lockpicking
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Bates - industrial designer -
- Brett - woodworking, furniture interest
- Daniel - woodworking, came for Python meetup, stayed for the saws
- Had - needs more space and tools, making a chandelier out of bike drop bars
- Ben - small metals, metals, woodworking
- Zack - industrial design student
- Marco - toolmaker, interested in raspberry pi, arduino, 3d printers, farmbot
- Ron - circuit designs
- Brandon - Android apps
- Jax - props - interested in 3D printer
- Renee - sewing
- James - software, homebrew, 3D printing, arduino, woodworking
- Martina - Ux design, photography, 3D printer, sewing, t-shirt printing
- Kylie - UX designer - looking for laser cutter
- Gavin - concert producer - woodworking
- Ken - woodworking, welding
Things that need doing around the space
What have you been hacking
- Will made some foam costume things
- Ron made some things on the PLASMA CUTTER
- Lyn is making a party
- Simon is making some synthesizer things
- PS:ONE EIGHTH BIRTHDAY PARTY
- FOOD BEER FACEPAINT DOOR PRIZES
- Saturday, 7 - late
- FOOD BEER FACEPAINT DOOR PRIZES
- Events calendar: http://pumpingstationone.org/events/
- C2E2 is this weekend.
- Earthday Science March - 10 am - 3 pm -
- Maker Faire is... not happening this weekend. Soon, we hope.
- Front doorbell wiring has changed. If switch is flipped up during event, the doorbell button will unlock the door.
- Awesome callout for Erik!
- Liability release box can be taken to your event - no unscrewing necessary.
- Anime Central is coming up!
- Stuff that was on top of the coat rack is now in lost and found.
- Green bin underneath glass table at top of the stairs
- Lost and found is part of tidy space policy, so can be ticketed etc.
- Andrew is collecting clothing for patients in need at the Cook County ER in the bin in the lounge.
- PS:One will be part of the Chicago Architecture Foundation Open House in October
- Will Maker Faire happen?
- Yes, says Ray.
- How do memberships work?
- $40 or $70 / month
- Are machines first-come first-serve?
- How many 3D printers do we have?
- Four! And many of them work.
- Do we provide filament?
- We typically have some filament. We recommend you bring your own for anything that's a consumable.
- Do we have one in mind? Is it going to require assembly?
- Eric is researching a few. They don't usually require much assembly when new.
In person votes: 14 in favor, 1 opposed, 15 present.
Board and Space updates and conversation
- What's the status of dust collection?
- Sawstop is kicking up dust, even when dust collection is on.
- Motor did double in power, but even so, suction is weak.
- Possibly stoppage in the line.
- Bylaw revision is moving forward, headed to lawyers for review
- People are working on dispute resolution process too.
- Andrew working on our Chicago business license.
- If you see something that looks dangerous, let area hosts know. Let's ensure that we're safe and shipshape in case of inspection.
- ADA compliance - recent conversation with architect about how to get there.
- Small Business Association provides SCORE program: free counseling for this type of questions.
What needs doing around the space?
- Lyn will need help on Thursday at 7:30 pm rearranging the lounge for the party on Saturday
- There's a sheet for the Shopbot computer to protect it from dust. Throw it on top of the computer.
- Add information about how to claim storage space to new member onboarding and education.
- What's the status of creating new storage?
- New storage units just need to be numbered by Erik.
- Need to sort all of the socket wrenches and Allen wrenches in the space
- Let's create a general to-do list for the space. It should be a physical object in the space. Go for it! Johnny might.
- Clean something.
- Come to the party on Saturday from 6:30 until the end of time
- Define a place for brooms to live.
- Jonny appreciates all the authorizers for the great authorizations
- Scott for working on broken window
- Sam helped Aushra with plumbing on Sunday
- Andrew repurposed canvas for party fun
- Jesse for synth workshop hosting
- Zoe for foam-smithing workshop
- Ron for hosting tour
- Lyn for making the party
- Adam for hosting Fusion
Who wants to give a tour?