Meeting Notes 2017-04-25
|<< Meeting Notes 2017-04-18||2017 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2017-05-02 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about. (2 mins MAX)
- Tour leaves (new people)
- Update from the BoD about what's going
- Update from area hosts about what's going on
- 8:15pm SHARP Voting time, if a vote is taking place
- Tour returns post voting
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Other announcements
- Things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves, what are they interested in?
- What are you working on?
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Crystal | furniture-making | wood-working
- Sophia | stretchers
- Ben | sculptor & painter
- David | woodworking
- Christine | with David
- Gabrielle | electronics
- Nathan | Jeweler
- Matt in the Hat | hackerspaces
- Grant | Electronics, woodworking, computers
- Joseph | video games & everything
Board and Area Hosts
- Andrew - President
- Simon - Secretary
- Ed - Director at Large
- Jonathan - CTO
- Ray - PR Director
- Anna - Electronics Area Host
- Ron - Hot Metals Area Host
- Aushra - Small Metals Area Host
- Matt - CNC Area Host
Things that need doing around the space
- Tool organization! Andrew has been organizing tools. Join him!
- Window repair - somebody could go pick up the glass somewhere north of us on Kedzie. Talk to Andrew.
- Suggest or create an invoicing system that allows people to pay with cash or not PayPal.
- Beer church could move to the other corner of the loading dock.
- Ron and Tom hung air hoses and extension cords and curtains, oh my.
- Sam dismantled the old sink in the shop.
- Tom for getting plasma CNC unit calibrated.
- Lyn for hosting our birthday party!
- Will for making birthday cake.
- Shelly for decorating the cake.
What have you been hacking
- Joseph made a synth
- Aushra working on a cast aluminum cicada - and then it ran away. Anybody seen it?
- Andrew pressed some shapes into metal with the hydraulic press and urethane.
- Will finished his Greg cosplay head for C2E2
- Ray is making a sawhorse barrier sign for the sidewalk
- Tom made a roofrack, bumper, straight lines with the plasma cutter
- Brian is in the process of building a vacuum-form machine
- Grant is making a pair of one-handed keyboards
- Brian is planning first-aid courses. Details to come.
- Saturday is tabletop day. Come play games with us! Or go somewhere else!
- The agenda changed?
- The agenda changed.
- Do decisions get made at this meeting?
- Votes happen here. Not every week.
Thanks for giving the tour, Andrew!
Who wants to give a tour?