Meeting Notes 2017-05-02
|<< Meeting Notes 2017-04-25||2017 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2017-05-09 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about. (2 mins MAX)
- Tour leaves (new people)
- Update from the BoD about what's going
- Update from area hosts about what's going on
- 8:15pm SHARP Voting time, if a vote is taking place
- Tour returns post voting
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Other announcements
- Things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves, what are they interested in?
- What are you working on?
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
Board and Area Hosts
- Board: Andrew, Simon, Ed, Ray, Carl, Jennie
- Area Hosts: Matt - CNC | Anna - Electronics | Erik - General | Ron - Hot Metals | Shelly - honorary Kitchen Area Host
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Joe - 3D prototyping - heard about us from Harold Washington Library
- Nathan - ID checks
- Garang - woodworking
- Marianna & Theater
- Alan - tinkering
- Alexa - laser cutter & embroidery machine
- Matt - making things
What do you make or hack?
- Ron wrote a post-processor for vcarve for his sharpie-bit-holder for the ShopBot and drew a little hippo
- Shelly has a proof of her dragon coloring book
- Andrew made a portable Super Nintendo in a controller
- Will learned leather stitching
- Brian built a 60 pound amp
- Shelly modified her Japanese toys
- Made sweet card-holding boxes
- Also the space is awesome.
Things that need doing around the space
- Keep your food wrapped up in the kitchen! The ants are back.
- Clean dishes
- Keep putting things away
- Andrew is waiting on glass
- Jennie for submitting insurance
- Andrew and Ray for giving Simon a pep talk about getting paid
- Andrew started organizing sockets
- Bridgeport work!
- Andrew is working on PS1 software infrastructure with Brian after the meeting - come join!
- Andrew got the Instagram and Twitter running - tag @pumpingstation1 in either places
- What is the danger committee?
- The people who know about new machines who figure out how to get a machine set up and safe and preparing authorizations.
Vote to buy a MIG welder passes. https://wiki.pumpingstationone.org/Vote_To_Buy_New_Mig_Welder#Vote_Results
Who wants to give a tour?