Meeting Notes 2017-05-09
|<< Meeting Notes 2017-05-02||2017 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2017-05-16 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about. (2 mins MAX)
- Tour leaves (new people)
- Update from the BoD about what's going
- Update from area hosts about what's going on
- 8:15pm SHARP Voting time, if a vote is taking place
- Tour returns post voting
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Other announcements
- Things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves, what are they interested in?
- What are you working on?
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Michael - came for maker faire town hall and hackaday unconference - looking for a place to work
- Abigail - welding & woodworking
- Nick - engineer working on side projects
- Gil - tools
- Shae - mechanical engineer looking for projects
- Drew - woodworking, likes our member-driven philosophy
Board and Area Hosts
- Andrew - President
- Ed - DIrector at Large
- Anna - ELectronics Lab Area Host
- Ron - hot metals area host
- Erik - General Area Host
- Matt - Mario Kart Area Host
- Lyn - Events Instigator
What have you been hacking
- Nick built a TV lift unit
- Ron made a sharpie bit for the shopbot.
- Daron made a coffee table, endtables, and coasters out of spalted maple he inherited
- Lyn has been customizing her chair with a built-in mousepad, higher back, and wings!
Things that need doing around the space
- Tread plate at entry needs 4 screws. Just 4 little screws!
- Andrew's working on the window.
- Wall in lounge needs spackling.
- Ray for helping Daron move his honking big table.
- Anna for authorizing Ron on the lathe.
- Scott for working on the small metals sink hookups.
- Tom for setting up the 252 welder.
- Haddon brought in a bunch of google goggles available for a $2 donation to the area of your choice.
- 300 Seconds of Fame is happening after the meeting here in this room.
- 12-6 on Friday - Ray could use some help for industrial outreach day at Bethelehen Life - contact Ray.
- Saturday - 5/13 - May the Fourth (Plus Nine) be with you - Star Wars celebration day 7 pm
- In late July, Society of Experientiel Deisgn is hosting a day of workshops, Michael will host a workshop with arduino and data visualization.
- Thursday - hot metal office hours. 8 pm. Get authorized!
- Does the new welder require new authorization?
- Old authorization carries over.
- Does aluminum welding gun require authorization?
Who wants to give a tour?
- Thanks Daron!