Meeting Notes 2017-05-16
|<< Meeting Notes 2017-01-01||2017 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2017-01-01 >>|
Andrew opened with a description of the process of trying out meeting formats.
Area hosts reported back on their areas. Electronics
- 240 Variac has been removed because it was broken.
- There is some interest in pick and place and frequency testing.
- Q: Is there a logic analyzer?
- A: Yes! upstairs in a basket. It has software on a USB stick that one needs to install.
- New MIG Welder - if you are authorized on any of the old MIG welders, you are certified on this one as well.
- One of the red welders is going back to its owner
- Ron made a heartfelt plea using... insistent language asking for people to clean up after themselves.
General Area / Erik:
- Stocked new locks
- Remove anything from the pallet racks If you have anything on the pallet racks in the general area, remove it.
- Those racks are getting donated to the analytics lounge.
- Work is being done on RFID entry.
- Rear entry RFID is in process.
- Gotta drill a hole in the wall.
- Ron will help Erik with welding project
Kitchen report from Gerald & Shelly
- Kitchen renovation plans have been updated to reflect the new locations of areas
- Brewer's church location needs clarification.
- A member asked the kitchen area hosts to be clear about their preferences when time comes to approve the plan.
Discussion: "There are a lot of tables in the woodshop, but they all have stuff on top of them."
- Basketball court tables are going to stay. THey are not yet secured to the legs
- TODO: Secure the tabletops to the legs. Level those tables.
- One of those tables will go to Aushra.
If you want to learn tidy space, or do tidy space - talk to an Area Host. They can deputize people to do tidy space.
- Yellow tickets are both a request for parking permit AND a request for a parking ticket.
- Where are the screwdrivers?
- Screwdrivers are in a bucket.
Andrew has been reassembling tools into kits for the tool carts.
- Todo: sort tools. ALl the sockets and wrenches are done.
- TODO: Sort hand tools: ALlen keys keys screwdrivers
Kathryn - did the Microhebocon at Maker Faire jamming on motors with adults and lots of kids. Justin and Duby were there too!
Andrew started an Instagram account: @pumpingstation1
Ella cast bronze rings in the hot metals area (to take advantage of ventilation) $ Thanks to Aushra & Tom for helping with the vacuum extraction table.
WHat's going on upstairs?
- <20 Slides About Pumping Station One
- Teach the new folks about the space
If you're interested in helping with member meetings, tours, onboarding - contact Andrew.
Bike storage - what's the plan?
- Wall that is under the water pipes where the dust collector used to be - this area is a potential storage space.
- Could be a pulley system - use dead space.
- Would like to have an inside storage option that doesn't require upper body strength.
- The back door could be more convenient to ride a bike through.
- There is a lot of dead space in the lounge - tables against the wall.