Meeting Notes 2017-06-27
|<< Meeting Notes 2017-01-01||2017 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2017-01-01 >>|
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Minutes
- 2.1 Area updates
- 2.2 What'd you hack?
- 2.3 General Announcements
- 2.4 Upcoming Events
- 2.5 Things that need doing or discussing
- 2.6 Awesome callouts
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about. (2 mins MAX)
- Tour leaves (new people)
- Update from the BoD about what's going
- Update from area hosts about what's going on
- 8:15pm SHARP Voting time, if a vote is taking place
- Tour returns post voting
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Other announcements
- Things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves, what are they interested in?
- What are you working on?
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
- If you bring items from electronics to elsewhere in the space, please bring it back! Or don't bring it elsewhere in the first place.
- A dremel kit is missing.
- Close the cylinder after using it. We used two cylinders of Argon in a weekend.
- The four week series was completed!
- Cast all weekend. Successfully burned out ABS. Had about a 50% success rate.
- Investment process challenges - plaster setting too fast
- Getting metal to temperature and keeping it there was a challenge too.
- The TIG welder was useful
- Wishlist: oxyacetylene and more ventilation
- Is there an existing draft vote for ventilation?
- Figure out how to store oxyactylene
- Combustible cage with long line? Possibly in the boiler room?
- Is there interest in a workshop on how to do network cabling correctly?
- Talk to Erik. He'd like to teach some folks & improve cabling in the space.
What'd you hack?
- Erik frankensteined two fitbits
- Power racing teams went to Kansas City this weekend
- Cars qualified 3rd & 5th
- All of the cars finished!
- Milwaukee in three weeks, Detroit in 4
- Will made a clock from Adafruit box four
- Ron O. wrote an Alexa skill that will give you speeds and feeds for MiG welding
- Luis has been making guitar pickups (and made a guitar pickup winder). He'd like to teach folks. Stay tuned and contact Luis for more details!
- Could we get a soda machine?
- We do have a soda fridge, run by Will
- If you just want a soda when you get in, you may want to just buy your own soda and keep it here.
- If you want an RFID tag (or to set up your existing tag), talk to Casey, Sam, Ron
- Front AND back doors work with RFID. This is awesome.
- IF YOU ARE HERE LATE, PLEASE SHUT THE DOORS. Please.
- Key to hot metals gate appears to be gone.
- Tomorrow is Tau day - double pi & pie!
- Party tomorrow here, 7:30.
- Saturday: Analog game night
- Video game group happened on Sunday and was great. Modeling, coding, storytelling: we've got it all.
- Congratulations to Andy on his newest project!
- Jennie's restaurant is opening tomorrow!
- Go to Kitchen 17 and check it out!
- Air system may go down for Tucker to work on compressor.
Things that need doing or discussing
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
Two Random Members
Board and Area Hosts
Things that need doing around the space
What have you been hacking
Who wants to give a tour?