Meeting Notes 2017-10-03
|<< Meeting Notes 2017-9-26||2017 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2017-10-10 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about. (2 mins MAX)
- Tour leaves (new people)
- Update from the BoD about what's going
- Update from area hosts about what's going on
- Other announcements, events, awesome callouts, what have you been hacking, general discussion, etc.
- 8:15pm SHARP Voting time, if a vote is taking place
Intro to PS1
- Open House Chicago is October 14 & 15
- Volunteer! Help out just to be in the space.
- Could have more demos and activities in the space.
- Sunday, October 8 - Space Improvement Day - 10 am - 6 pm
- Note change from October 7! Skilton will lead people in improvements on the 7th though.
- Need a list of ideas of things that need improvement in the space
- Emergency lighting updates
- Add and update firelanes
- Ticketing will happen in advance of that day too.
Area Host Updates
Announcements, Events, Discussion
- Power Racing Nashville Update
- Lots of second and third place finishes.
- Bluesmobile placed second in endurance race
- CO2 tank is empty.
- Soda fridge
- Will is wondering if somebody wants to take over purchasing soda and get reimbursed, or take over chez PS1.
- Sam can't log into the blog.
- He's not the only one.
- Andrew, Andrew, and also people not named Andrew are working on machine control boxes
- If anybody is familiar with LDAP, talk to Andrew. He could use some help.
- Plenty of safety glasses around the space!
- More are coming!
- Shopbot strangeness
- Shopbot would lose track of Y axis mid-run
- If feed rate is too high (e.g. over 450) it will start to lose steps on the Y axis
- Plasma cutter works with fine cut consumables
- Liability review continues.
- Waiver is nearly done.
- Loaned tool policy is nearly done - expect it in the next week.
- Lathe and other affected tools will come back online when the policy is complete.
- Considering liability of the space and also individual member/volunteers
- Working on alcohol policy as well
- According to attorney and accountant, we do not need a business license because we don't sell goods.
- RT tickets down to 25
- Could use help creating RT queues
- Would be nice to have the RT book by Oreilly around the space.
- THOTCON is in March
- Computer security conference. Tickets will sell out, so buy now if you're interested.
- Vote will happen next week!