Meeting Notes 2017-12-05
|<< Meeting Notes||2017 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2017-12-12 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about. (2 mins MAX)
- Tour leaves (new people)
- Update from the BoD about what's going
- Update from area hosts about what's going on
- Other announcements, events, awesome callouts, what have you been hacking, general discussion, etc.
- 8:15pm SHARP Voting time, if a vote is taking place
Intro to PS1
- Volunteer authorizer applications are open! Email president@ or vicepresident@ to apply. No experience necessary.
- Working on adding Area Hosts to be able to do ID checks
- Anybody want to do a cleaning day this weekend?
- Rube Goldberg competition - need volunteers to help kids. Check the Google Group.
Area Host Updates
- New forming tools! Stakes and hammers and casting equipment oh my.
Announcements, Events, Discussion
PS1 folks competed in a Maker Challenge Hackathon
- LoRa & radio challenge - building strain sensors in buildings that communicate over LoRa radio
Anybody interested in IoT projects?
- idea: create sensor to track if the PS:One doors are closed - contact Andrew if you're interested
Monitoring frequently broken equipment
- Proposal to set up a camera to monitor frequently broken equipment
- What kind of access policies would we have for the footage?
- We do have cameras at external doors (for insurance purposes); only board members have access
Is there a list of things that are broken and need fixing?
- Yes! It's here: https://wiki.pumpingstationone.org/Category:Broken_Equipment
- Things end up here if they're marked as broken in the wiki
- Anybody want to meet up for wikignomes again?
Is anyone interested in internet radio projects?
- Sure - put it on the calendar
- Discussion of fatter pipes - Erik will talk to his connections
How can I get plugged into events and other people with common interest?
- Send an email to the Google Group, check calendar, go to office hours for areas (e.g. hot metals, arts and crafts, etc.)
- Lockpicking tomorrow - 6pm to 11
- Thursday Bonanza
- Tool Tuneup Thursday - 6:30-8:30
- CNC build club at 7
- Show your work! at 8 - talk about your projects
- Sonic Pi - Raspberry pi live synth software
- Building 3D printer kits - prusa kits and jelly box - 1-5
- PS1 Holiday Party - 3-7 pm - bring guests and make merry