Members can be awarded Membership Rewards Points (Member Points) for various things they do that benefit the space. Points can be redeemed for items purchased from Pumping Station: One and/or used to reduce a member's dues / increase member status.
See the primary article about Member Points for current information. This page is deprecated.
Points are valued at the difference between Full Membership and Starving Hacker Rates or $20, whichever is more.
Points can be earned by:
- Bringing in donations from third parties (cumulative throughout the year)
- $100 gets 1 Point, then an additional point every $200 thereafter.
- Running a public event of ten or more attendees or class of five or more earns 1 Point. Only one member can receive a Point award per event.
- Performing a substantive, significant service to Pumping Station: One (as determined by the Board of Directors). For example: a cleanup event, organizing a large scale party (such as Geek Prom), donor event, etc.
Things Points can be redeemed for:
- Dues discount.
- Status increase - Get 1 month of full member status for the price of starving hacker membership.
- Other, as determined by the Board of Directors.
The Treasurer shall maintain record of Points.
Points have no cash value, and they expire 12 months after issuance.
Points may be transferred from member to member by contacting the Treasurer.