Physical NERP is actually remote NERP [COVID again, Jan 2022]
NERP is not exclusively Raspberry Pi, the small computer, embedded control, electronics, special, and general interest group at Pumping Station:One in Chicago.
NERP will meet on a Jitsi Meet videoconference at 7:20pm. A link to the conference will be posted to https://kineticsandelectronics.com/nerp-nite.txt at appx 7:00pm.
For mutual enlightenment these url's are checked fairly often: meetup dot com slash NERP-Not-Exclusively-Raspberry-Pi and groups dot io slash g slash NERP slash post [You may be asked to make an account, but you don't need to be a member of PS1, etc.]
NERP is not exclusively Raspberry Pi, the small computer, embedded control, electronics, and general interest group at Pumping Station:One in Chicago.
- Bi-weekly, Monday, 7pm-9pm
- Meetup.com group
- Meeting #0: July 30, 2012
- Meeting #1: August 13, 2012
- Meeting #2: August 27, 2012
- Meeting #3: September 10, 2012
- Meeting #4: September 24, 2012
- Meeting #5: October 8, 2012
- Meeting #6: October 22, 2012
- Meeting #7: November 5, 2012
- Meeting #8: November 19, 2012
- Meeting #9: December 3, 2012
- Meeting #10: December 17, 2012
- Meeting #11: January 14, 2013
- Meeting #12: January 29, 2013
- Meeting #13: Feb 11, 2013
- Meeting #14: Feb 25, 2013
- Etc, etc, etc.
Raspberry Pi [This section is mainly of historical interest.]
- Raspberry Pi
- Gertboard: I/O expansion board
- Pi Box by Adafruit: clear acrylic case that Drew has shown at meeting
- design files are open source and could be made with the PS1 laser cutter.
- Adafruit's full line-up of Raspberry Pi accessories, many are available locally at Chicago Electronic Distributors
- Sanoxy HDMI to VGA converter $27 converter Drew bought on Amazon works well
- 3.5" TFT LCD: $20 composite-input display Drew has
- RCA male-male coupler: very handy for connecting composite LCDs to the Pi
- Atrix Lapdock: Cheapest way to get a portable HDMI display for the Pi
- Atrix lapdock tricks: documents how Jay has tried a super cap and a USB battery pack to buffer power to the Pi