Information about the neighborhood surrounding PS:One.
- 3519 N. Elston
- Chicago, IL 60618-5617
- google map
The CTA trip planner is a useful resource for getting around Chicago in general. Nearby public transit services include:
- Addison (Blue Line) is 0.6 miles (about 4 blocks) west, at the Kennedy Expressway. Also, the Belmont (Blue Line) subway station is around 0.7 miles (6 blocks) south and west. The Blue Line runs 24 hours a day.
- Addison (Brown Line) is 1.8 miles (19 blocks) east, near Ravenswood Ave. The Brown Line runs from 5:00 AM until 2:00 AM, seven days a week.
- Addison (Red Line) is 2.8 miles (22 blocks) east, near Wrigley Field. The Red Line runs 24 hours a day. (You'd best not use this station before or after Cubs games, though. It gets crowded.)
- #82 Kimball-Homan bus service between Devon/Kedzie and Lawndale/31st. Stops on Kimball at Addison (3 blocks west) from 5:00 AM to 1:00 AM, 7 days a week.
- #152 Addison bus service along Addison St. from Cumberland to Lake Shore Drive. Stops on Addison at Kedzie (about a block northwest) from 5:00 AM to 9:30 PM on weekdays, 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM Saturday, and 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM on Sunday.
- #77 Belmont bus service along Belmont Ave. from Cumberland to Halsted, with overnight service between Harlem and Halsted. Stops on Belmont at Albany (4 blocks south) 24 hours a day.
The nearest Metra stations are:
- Irving Park on the UP-Northwest Line (Harvard), at Irving Park Rd. and the Kennedy Expy.
- Grayland on the Milwaukee District North Line (Fox Lake), at 3805 N. Kilbourn Ave., roughly 1.8 miles (14 blocks) west.
Street parking on Elston Avenue is not metered. Elston is a snow route, so no parking after 2 inches of snow, or you'll get towed. Street cleaning is on Wednesdays (north side) and Mondays (south side), 7-9 AM, April through October. Otherwise, parking on Elston is not restricted.
There are no residential permit zones nearby.
There is a Divvy bike-sharing station at the front door.
|Cafe Tola||3324 N California Ave||Former location of Hot Doug's (California & Roscoe), known for their empanadas|
|Amani Cafe||2949 W Belmont Ave||Yet another Kyrgyz restaurant. 0.5 miles, 10 minute walk. No vegetarian options.|
|Sunshine Restaurant||3523 N Kedzie Ave||Across the street from PS1, Closes at 2pm|
|Chipotle||3227 W Addison St|
|Subway||3233 W Addison St|
|Sugar Hills Bakery||3235 West Addison St]||cafe with desserts and pastries. In the same shopping area as Chipotle and Subway.|
|Little Ceaser's||3135 W Addison St||"If you want quick and don't care if it's actually food..."|
|White Castle||3212 W Addison St|
|New China Buffet||3246 W Addison St|
|Mirabella Italian Cuisine & Bar||3454 W Addison St||Excellent food, but limited hours. Check the website.|
|Dapper's East||2901 W Addison St (Addison Mall)||7am-8pm|
|Panda Express||2949 W Addison St (Addison Mall)|
|#1 Chop Suey, also here||2550 W Addison St (Lane Plaza, next to McDonalds)|
|Little Bucharest Bistro||3661 N Elston Ave|
|Honey Butter Fried Chicken||3361 N Elston Ave|
|B'el||3188 N Elston Ave||Formerly the Dragon Lady Lounge|
|Chief O'Neil's||3471 N Elston Ave||Irish Pub|
|Parachute Restaurant||3500 N Elston Ave||Korean, often busy; closed January 1-12 (winter break)|
|S&S Deli||3290 N Elston Ave|
|El Potosi||3710 N Elston Ave||Mexican|
|Burrito House||3718 N Elston Ave||Used to be right by PS:1 and so convenient. Now they're so very far awaaaaaaaay...|
|Square Bar & Grill||2849 W Belmont Ave|
|Kuma's Corner||2900 W Belmont Ave|
|Mr Pollo||3026 W Belmont Ave|
|Burger King||2828 W Belmont Ave|
|Pork Shoppe||2755 W Belmont Ave|
|Buffet Castle||3326 W Belmont Ave||Chinese Buffet|
|Joong Boo Mart||3333 N Kimball Ave||Korean market, lunch counter in back|
|Traspasada||3144 N California Ave||Mexican|
|Carnicerias Guanajuato||3140 N California Ave||Mexican grocery with lunch counter|
|Bacci Pizza||4367 N Milwaukee Ave||3 miles from PS1 - Prompt Delivery - Home of the 30" Ten Feed|
|Hero's Submarine Sandwich Shop||3600 N Western Ave||Good reputation, dates to the 1940s|
|90 Miles Cuban Cafe||3101 N Clybourn Ave|
|Popeyes, Wendys, Starbucks, Potbelly||Near Addison & Western|
|Revolution Brewery||3340 N. Kedzie Ave. Chicago, IL 60618 ||Open to the public. check the hours. it has beer, not food.|
|Pats Pizza||ChicagoLUG meetings get pizza from this place|
- Everyone has their favorite Thai place.
- Dharma Garden, Always Thai, Thai Oscar, and Sticky Rice are popular and within driving distance. (Sticky rice is Northern Thai food and has many distinctive dishes.)
- Grub Hub lists 48 Thai restaurants (53 during lunch hours) that deliver to our location.
- corner of Elston and Addison
- corner of Addison and Sacramento
- Home Despot
- corner of Addison and Kimball