PC Hardware Vote 2014
- Announced: 2014-04-29
- Language lockdown: 2014-05-06
- Vote date: 2014-05-13 - Passed
- 23 yes, 3 no, 5 present
Some new computer hardware would be nice.
Purchased hardware should have the following traits:
- Large Display: Important for design work
- Responsive: Interuptions are very costly to creative processes, and frustrate users
- longevity: All machines would be expected to be highly useful for 4 years.
- Uniform: Nearly Identical hardware is desireable
- Warrantied: It's a Hackerspace, the probably of a thing breaking is multiplied by the size of the membership using it.
- 8GB Ram
- Quad core CPU, 3.2 GHz
- Windows 8.1 Pro, or OS X 10.9
- 7200RPM drive or SSD
- All standard cd/dvd reading, writing capabilities
- Geforce 600 Series or better graphics
|Lenovo ThinkCentre M83 10AL||$943.99||Core i7 4770 3.4Ghz||8GB||1TB||4 year $55.99|
|ViewSonic VA2246m-LED - LED monitor - 22"||$129.99||4 year $13.99|
|Logitech B100 Optical USB Mouse||$7.49|
|Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600||$14.99|
|Arts||Vinyl Cutter PC replacement||Lenovo ThinkCentre M83 10AL||$1,260.44|
|CNC||Epilog Laser Engraver Replacement||Lenovo ThinkCentre M83 10AL||$1,260.44|
|CNC||LulzBot PC Replacement||Lenovo ThinkCentre M83 10AL||$1,260.44|
|CNC||Shapoko/Aspire machine||Lenovo ThinkCentre M83 10AL||$1,260.44|
|Electronics||General Access Machine (CAD)||Lenovo ThinkCentre M83 10AL||$1,260.44|
|Woodshop||Shopbot PC||Lenovo ThinkCentre M83 10AL||$1,260.44|
- CDW shipping: $128.75 (might be less after dropping pc's)
- Actual Total: $7,691.39
- +10% buffer: $8,460.53
Authorize the board to spend up to $8,460.53 of Spaces funds on PC hardware, including peripherals, related accessories, shipping, et cetera. Authorization expires 90 days after the vote is accepted. The expenditure is to be executed so long as there are more than 8 months worth of rent in savings.