Property Maintenance and Legal Expenses Authorization
This motion was passed on December 11, 2012
November 26, 2012 - Introduced
November 27, 2012 - Tabled
December 6th, 2012 - Language changed, reproposed
December 11th, 2012 - Vote passed
Replace the section "issues proper for a vote of the membership" with the following:
- "Any lawful issue may be brought before the membership for a vote. A vote of the membership may not be overridden except by a higher legal authority or by a subsequent vote of the membership."
Add a new section under "Votes of the Directors" entitled "Issues proper for a vote of the directors":
- "The board may decide on issues related to:
- spending money from the general fund necessary to keep the organization's property in good working order and functioning in fulfillment of the organization's mission,
- spending money from the general fund on infrastructure improvements costing less than $300,
- spending money from the general fund to obtain advice and services for the management of the organization or the fulfillment of the organization's mission,
- spending money from any funds donated for a specified purpose, and
- to fulfill any obligations to ensure the health of the organization."
Yea: 22 Nay: 0 Present: 2