Sander (oscillating spindle) - Steel City
|This tool is being proposed for removal in accordance with our Asset Removal Policy. [Click this link for more information.]|
- What is it? - Spindle Sander
- Who is sponsoring? - Zack Sasnow (with blessings from Eric Beauchamp)
- Date published to the mailing list and RT- 2/13/2021
- Asset value - $500
- Suggested method of removal - Private auction, followed by by scrap if no bids.
- Background notes - Oscillating mechanism broken. Would require machining a smaller collar or adding bolts to the motor assembly to fix.
- Resolution of removal -
- Approval -
Eric has diagnosed and ordered parts Sept 2018
Fixed it but then oscillating function failed in spring 2019 again. Usable as spindle
12/7/2019 table unstable need to diagnose 12/14. Gn fixed table
2/23/2020. Zack and gary fixed oscillating function. Let’s see how long it lasts.
|Date||Preformed by||Service Type||Notes|
|8/2018||EB||stopped oscillating.||EB fixed december.|
|jan 2 2019||Zac and gary||stopped oscillating again.|
Outstanding Maintenance Issues
gearbox being repaired FIXED nov or dec? 2018 broken again jan 2019
Zack and gary repaired February 2020.
- If you break something, or damage the tool, contact the area host immediately. Don't let others do more damage to the machine, ruin their work, or hurt themselves by using a broken tool.
- Always vacuum the machine, cutting area, and the table around the machine when you are done.
- manual 
List of Currently Authorized Users
Authorization for this tool by authorized proctors only. Members not previously Authorized must take the CANVAS course at https://canvas.pumpingstationone.org/courses/40 |}