Part 1: User - participate in the online community
- Learn about our online places (list out wiki, blogs, mailing lists, irc, git repos, space.foo, ...?)
- How to use our wiki
- How to join the mailing lists
- Use IRC
- Get access to our blog, and write posts!
- Find out what's going on at PS:One today, this week, or this very minute
Part 2: Admin
- Our routing infrastructure
- How our WiFi network works
- Camera systems (yes, there is more than one!)
- UNIX accounts
- Adding wiki, blog, github accounts
Part 3: Contributor - becoming a (code?) contributor
brainstorming this section
explain where source code and etc are that implement and operate stuff around the space.
code stuff here https://github.com/pumpingstation1
make sure each repo has clearly described description of what it is and what it corresponds to. have friendly readmes.
go through each repo and find/make tasks to label as bitesized.
conversational excerpts from irc
'I am curious about the networking set up at ps1. I am curious about software projects people have going at ps1. what is in active development? who would welcome new contributors? what are orphan projects that would be useful that someone could be encouraged to pick up. how does stuff work and how can I help maintain it'