Books in the plastic basket with Removed tags on them are free to grab .
Books in our collection should be:
* Technical – The books must be nonfiction and provide in-depth information on a particular subject
** Bad: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
* Useful – The books must pertain to something people in the space are doing or are interested in.
Hand-Manipulated Stitches for Machine Knitters
** Bad: German to French dictionary
* Current – The books must provide information that is still at least mostly true.
* In Good Condition
* For K-12 textbooks: http://www.ck12.org/student/
* Directory of Open Access Journals: http://www.doaj.org/
only donate books that are on the Wishlist or are updated versions of the ones we have . ==Adding to the Collection== Put the book in the plastic basket.
Add the book to Library Thing. Username: Pumpingstationone Password: ps1frocks After adding, create a tag for the book. The tags are library of congress classification. ( See http: //lib.colostate.edu/howto/others/findbklc.html ) They are left-aligned 14pt Times New Roman. They are taped on with packing tape (But if anyone wants to donate archival quality paper and tape, that would be great) .
Removing from the Collection== If adding an updated version of the book, just tag it and put the old book in the plastic basket next to the shelves. If you think a book sucks, rate it on LibraryThing with a brief review. Then move the book to the Removed collection on the site. Attach a piece of paper to the book that says Removed and a date 2 weeks from the date moved. Put the book in the plastic basket.