→Workshop: update dead Sherline link
* [http://www.imagesco.com Images Scientific Instruments] Robotics and electronics. Check out the [http://www.imagesco.com/sensors/sensor-index.html various specialized sensors] they sell. Very speedy shipping. Location: Staten Island NY
====Custom PC Boards====
compare quotes from 23 PCB manufacturers
== Free Stuff ==
* [http://www.otisoakley.com/ Otis-Oakley] — Sells scrap steel, as well as some new steel. Location: California Ave and Fulton St, Chicago
* [https://www.metalsdepot.com/index.phtml MetalsDepot] — A source for metals, all kinds and shapes, no minimums. Location: Winchester, KY
=== Paper ===
=== Wood ===
* [http://www.owlhardwood.com/ Owl Hardwood Lumber] — Rare and exotic woods, specialty woodworking supplies and kits. Location: See website for your nearest local retail store.
* [http://www.woodworld.com/ Wood World] — South on Elston. Expensive and unhelpful. Heavily picked over exotic and domestic hardwood. Last resort.
* [http://carstensmillworks.yolasite.com Carstens Millworks] — Sawyer in Warrenville offering kiln dried regional hardwoods.
/contact.html All American Reclaim]] — Reclaimed hardwood in Crystal Lake.
* [http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012206.php Russell Mill] — Saw mill in Zion Illinois — salvage and reclaimed lumber, hardwood sawyer.
* [http://meyerslumber.com/ Meyers Woodworking and Lumber] — West Chicago sawyer — regional hardwoods.
* [http://www.horiganufp.com/ Horrigan Urban Forest Products] — Skokie — urban felled hardwoods
* [http://ghwoodworking-com.web4.tempwebsite.net/?page_id=24 GH Woodworking] — Wauconda sawyer — reclaimed urban hardwood.
=== Plastic ===
* [http://www.raycosignsupply.com Rayco Sign Supply] — roll vinyl for the use with the vinyl cutter, and other sign-making supplies. Location: Chicago
* [http://www.eagerplastics.com/cat.htm Eager Polymers] — Liquid thermosets: Silicones, epoxies, moldmaking, etc. Location: 48th St, Chicago
abbeyspecialties.com/ Abbey Specialties] — laserable acrylic, potentially other plastics and rubbers (talk to Tony) — PS:1's landlord — literally next door
== Reference ==
* [http://www.cooperhandtools.com/brands/nicholson_files/Nicholson%20Guide%20To%20Filing%202006.pdf Nicholson File Information] Nicholson file guide to files and filing.
* [http://www.cooperhandtools.com/brands/nicholson_files/file_terminology.pdf Nicholson File Terminology] Nicholson File Terminology Guide
http://www.sherline.com/ resource.htm Sherline's Metalworking Resources and Hotlinks List] Reference material for miniature machining.
* [http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/index.php Shop Floor Talk Forum] A forum for all things metal and metal working.
* [http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/index.php The Home Shop Machinist & Machinist's Workshop BBS] A forum for all things metal and metal working.
Title (Links to Amazon.com), Author, ISBN, Description
* [http://www.lindsaybks.com/ Lindsay Technical Publications]. An amazing catalog of how to books from the turn of the century to modern technology.
* [http://www.knowledgepublications.com Knowledge Publications]. A lot of energy related books.