= Overview = Not Exclusively Raspberry Pi (NERP) is an interest group focused on demonstrations and open discussion of embedded systems.
There is currently an emphasis on the [http://www.raspberrypi.org/ Raspberry Pi], but all embedded platforms are within the scope (BeagleBone/Board, ARM Cortex M series, MSP430, Arduino, etc).
= Participants =
* [[User:pdp7|Drew Fustini]]
* [[User:Toba|Eric Stein]]
* ''Add yourself''
=== Past ===
*Meeting #0: [http://pumpingstationone.org/2012/07/nerp-not-exclusively-raspberry-pi-meeting-july-30th/ July 30, 2012]*Meeting #1: [http://pumpingstationone.org/2012/08/nerp-not-exclusively-raspberry-pi-meeting-monday-aug-13-at-7pm/ August 13, 2012]*Meeting #2: [http://pumpingstationone.org/2012/08/nerp-meetup-08-27-12/ August 27, 2012]*Meeting #3: [http://pumpingstationone.org/2012/09/nerp-raspberry-pi-and-beer-monday-9-7-12/ September 10, 2012]*Meeting #4: [http://pumpingstationone.org/2012/09/not-exclusively-raspberry-pi-nerp-autonomous-car-aquaponics-monday-sept-24/ September 24, 2012]*Meeting #5: [http://www.meetup.com/NERP-Not-Exclusively-Raspberry-Pi/events/84006592/ October 8, 2012]*Meeting #6: [http://www.meetup.com/NERP-Not-Exclusively-Raspberry-Pi/events/86202212/ October 22, 2012]*Meeting #7: [http://www.meetup.com/NERP-Not-Exclusively-Raspberry-Pi/events/88203942/ November 5, 2012]]
=== Upcoming ===
November 19th: [http://www.meetup.com/NERP-Not-Exclusively-Raspberry-Pi /events/90202422/ RSVP on Meetup]
* ''(recurs every other Monday)''
= Reference =
* [http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:27209 Pi Clip]: Joe Walnes created brace to better support the Adafruit Pi Plate
* [http://arstechnica.com/business/2012/10/pi-crust-breakout-board-makes-it-easy-to-get-peripherals-on-raspberry-pi/ Pi Crust]: GPIO breakout for the Pi by Joe Walnes
* [http://github.com/joewalnes/raspberry-play Quick2Web]: Joe Walnes is working on an easy-to-use web interface for the Raspberry Pi
* [http://www.element14.com/community/groups/raspberry-pi/blog/2012/10/18/pumpkin-pi-project-for-halloween Pumpkin Pi]: a Halloween project for Raspberry Pi by Drew
== Wiki ==
* [http://www.cnx-software.com/ CNX Software]
* [http://liliputing.com/ Liliputing]
== Microcontrollers ==
== Raspberry Pi ==
=== Hardware ===
* Raspberry Pi
(Model B)** [http://www.newark.com/raspberry-pi/raspbrry- pcba/ raspberry-pi-model-b-board-only/dp/ 83T1943 Newark element14]: in stock ''( 2012- Sep- 17)''** [http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/en-US/raspberry-pi MCM Electronics]: in stock ''( 2012- Sep- 17)''** Note: Model A not been released yet, only Model B exists
* [http://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-48859 Gertboard]: I/O expansion board
* [http://www.adafruit.com/products/859 Pi Box by Adafruit]: clear acrylic case that Drew has shown at meeting
** [http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:24461 design files] are open source and could be made with the PS1 laser cutter.
* [http://adafruit.com/category/105 Adafruit's full line-up] of Raspberry Pi accessories
* [http://www.element14.com/community/groups/raspberry-pi/blog/2012/08/16/raspberry-pi-hdmi-to-vga-converter Sanoxy HDMI to VGA converter] $27 converter Drew bought on Amazon works well
* [http://www.element14.com/community/groups/raspberry-pi/blog/2012/07/04/cheap-portable-lcd-for-raspberry-pi 3.5" TFT LCD]: $20 composite-input display Drew has
* [http://www.adafruit.com/products/951 RCA male-male coupler]: very handy for connecting composite LCDs to the Pi
* [http://www.element14.com/community/groups/raspberry-pi/blog/tags/atrix Atrix Lapdock]: Cheapest way to get a portable HDMI display for the Pi
=== Software ===
==== Applications ====
* Arduino IDE runs and uploads ok USB-connected Arduino with Raspbian "Wheezy"; just install via "apt-get install arduino".
* [https://projects.drogon.net/raspberry-pi/wiringpi/ WiringPi] is a Python library which aims to make electronics interfacing as high-level as Arduino
* [http://elinux.org/RPi_Low-level_peripherals GPIO examples] in many languages
* [http://www.memetic.org/quake-3-with-sound-for-the-raspberry-pi/ Quake] for the current Raspbian "Wheezy" image
* "hello world" programs in /opt/vc/src especially the 1080p HD playback demo: /opt/vc/src/hello_pi/hello_video/
** More details in recorded [http://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-44459/l/video-programming-the-raspberry-pi-with-raspberry-pi-co-founder-eben-upton webinar by Eben Upton]
* [http://www.doctormonk.com/2012/08/led-clock-using-raspberry-pi.html LED Clock]: details of the LED 7-segment module clock that Drew demo'd
** [http://learn.adafruit.com/matrix-7-segment-led-backpack-with-the-raspberry-pi/ Adafruit has now made their own tutorial]
=== Links ===
* [http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/592 Libraries, codecs, OSS]: an informative post on the media playback architecture
* [http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1655 A Raspberry Pi, hosting a Raspberry Pi]: for those wondering how well it would do as a low-power server