Talk:Kitchen host budget and ceiling build out costs
Who are the Purchasers?
Who is expected to do the actual purchasing?
Brittany, Dean and me will probably make the purchases. Others may get involved.
- Wasn't there some legal problems with creating a ceiling?
- The area host should be notified BEFORE the purchase to prevent two purchases at once.
- The language "electrical for beer church" is a bit vague. I think this should specifically state what is being built.
- Does the spending authority for the entire motion expire after 60 days or just ceiling and lighting? I found this a little unclear.
RE: Calrification questions
I don't know of any reason we can't have a ceiling. Do you know who raised this concern? I think this language is equivalent to "before". "kitchen area host must be notified in advance and immediately following any purchases" Electrical for beer church is to be 2-20amp circuits. Some materials are already at the space. Estimated cost for remaining materials $45. My intent is that everything but the area host budget expire.
RE: RE: Calrification questions
- My intent is that you clarify the text of the proposal. Clarifying it here is not binding.
- It seems I misread the part about notification of purchases. Sorry.
- What are the 2 20Amp circuits going to be used for? I would like that to be listed in the language of the proposal.
A Ceiling is...
Having a ceiling is one of the criteria for making walls into walls, not dividers, at least according to my... somewhat insufficient research. Permitting and code get more complex then.
Re: A Ceiling is...
I've asked around and got conflicting information. So here is what I think. We didn't involve any licensed professionals or municipal bureaucrats in the construction to date. It's possible that if we were subject to a building department inspection walls would have to be removed or modified. I expect this to be true for the ceiling as well. Obviously we have been willing to take that chance so far and I am willing to extend that risk to the ceiling. If it happens, we will deal with it, in the meantime we will enjoy a nicer space. In addition I believe the more complete the area is the less likely a fire inspector will be to call in an electrical or building inspector. I asked Leroy about it, he didn't seem to think a fire inspector would care.