Talk:Tidy Space Policy
Area Host Helpers
Area hosts may, at their discretion, recruit other members to help them manage parking requests, parking permits, parking tickets, Worktables, Walkways, and Wut Zones. Area helpers agree to communicate all administrative activities to the area hosts. Area hosts may revoke administrative permissions at any time, but should avoid this by selecting their helpers carefully.
The entire policy gives directors and area hosts tidy space control over the entire space. I think excellence is expected for anyone with ticketing ability. Negativek (talk) 19:22, 9 December 2013 (CST)
I think this policy needs a revision sometime this year, and would like to collect points that could be improved.
- Wut zone
- There's no reason to have one in every area
- No one knows how to use it
- Lost and found
- Holy shit, can people put wallets in limbo?
- We need to update and refine the tickets/permits
- They should contain more information
^--- Derek's notes
- Simplify. The current version is really hard for newbies to understand --Hef (talk) 02:45, 24 July 2014 (UTC)
If there's going to be a vote to amend Tidy Space, pull out the language that specifies what the tickets and stuff should look like or make it really generic. That should be able to change without bothering everyone with a vote. Negativek (talk) 15:28, 15 April 2014 (CDT)
During several automated bot runs the following external link was found to be unavailable. Please check if the link is in fact down and fix or remove it in that case!
- http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/cdph/supp_info/hccrf/household_chemicalscomputerrecyclingfacilityoverview.html (archive)
- In Tidy Space Policy on 2015-01-29 06:02:36, 404 Not Found
- In Tidy Space Policy on 2015-01-30 06:02:47, 404 Not Found
- In Tidy Space Policy on 2015-01-31 06:02:28, 404 Not Found
- In Tidy Space Policy on 2015-02-01 06:04:02, 404 Not Found
- In Tidy Space Policy on 2015-02-02 06:03:28, 404 Not Found
- In Tidy Space Policy on 2015-02-04 06:04:38, 404 Not Found
- In Tidy Space Policy on 2015-02-05 06:03:30, 404 Not Found
Edits to the policy
This policy was voted in by the membership. While things like formatting changes, applying labels, etc. are made routinely, content changes to the policy itself must only be made by member vote. I rolled back an edit that changed the content. The section that indicates area hosts can deputize others to do certain tasks is more specific and takes precedence over the language in question, so while the edit made the policy more clear, it was not strictly necessary. --Rdpierce (talk) 07:48, 20 October 2015 (CDT)