UniFi Security Gateway Pro
|Serial Number||SERIAL NUMBER|
|Make/Model||UniFi Security Gateway Pro|
|Where||Dell PS 38S Server Rack|
Online as of 12/30/17
Device will be moved to the new infrastructure location with other PS:1 maintained equipment.
Configuration is backed up with the UniFi Controller.
Please see UniFi Controller for extended configuration information. USG is managed from controller interface.
Port configuration is as follows:
- LAN Port 1
- Connected to UniFi 48 Port Switch on port 32, will be switched to port 1 or 48.
- LAN Port 2
- Disconnected. May be used in the future to service member rack.
- WAN Port 1
- Connected to primary internet connection, currently the Motorola SURFboard SB6120 on top of the Dell PS 38S Server Rack
- WAN Port 2
- Disconnected. Will be used in the future for a failover/backup internet connection.
Enable IPv6 Support
IPv6 support is in progress. Documentation to enable this is found here.
Adpoting a USG Pro into an existing network
NOTE: This has been tailored for PS:1's existing network setup.
1. Connect a computer into the LAN NIC (LAN port 1) of the USG. It will obtain a 192.168.1.x IP from DHCP.
2. SSH into 192.168.1.1 using username and password combination of ubnt / ubnt.
3. For this example, the controller is on 10.100.0.9/20, so let's change the USG’s LAN IP to 10.100.0.1. Choose an available IP within the subnet of the local controller.
4. In the SSH session, run the following (Since this is a USG Pro, eth1 has been replaced with eth0 per Ubiquiti instructions):
- set interfaces ethernet eth0 address 10.100.0.1/20
- delete interfaces ethernet eth0 address 192.168.1.1/24
Now the USG’s LAN IP is 10.100.0.1/20. The SSH session will drop.
Under "Settings" > "Networks", select edit on the network named "LAN".
The following settings should be configured as such:
- Parent Interface
- Domain Name
- IGMP SNooping
- DHCP Mode
- DHCP Server
- DHCP Range
- 10.100.3.1 - 10.100.14.254
- DHCP Name Server (EACH IP IS A SEPERATE FIELD)
- 10.100.0.132, 10.100.0.105, 10.100.0.1, 18.104.22.168
- DHCP WINS Server
- DHCP Lease Time
- 86400 seconds
- DHCP Gateway IP
- DHCP UniFi Controller
- DHCP Gaurding
- UPnP LAN
- DHCP NTP Server
- DHCP Network Boot
- DHCP Time Offset
- DHCP WPAD URL
- DHCP TFTP Server