Hi, I'm Dee. I joined PS:One on October 2, 2012.
Things I know well enough I'm willing to teach. Contact me if you'd like to discuss:
- Wikis — I was a Wikipedia admin, and have spent a lot of time with Mediawiki.
- Knots and rope/cordage/line
- I work with knots and line from many disciplines: Sailing knots, climbing knots, arborist techniques, securing loads during transport, surgeon sutures, crocheting/knitting/net-making, kinky knots, fishing line knots, wire rope assemblies used in marine and crane applications, etc etc.
- Un*x shell scripting — My day job involves doing production support work on Solaris, AIX, and RHEL machines. I use KSH, Bash, and Perl quite a bit.
Projects I've [mostly] completed:
Projects I'm working on:
- various papercraft / papercut things for the laser cutter
- "I made this with a..." panels — A series of rectangular panels, each manufactured with a different method, with a word or two etched/cut/etc onto the panel's face, describing how it was manufactured.
- ("chisel", "hand sewing needle", "anvil", "laser cutter", "vinyl cutter", "vacuum forming", "metal mill", etc)
- Organize and hold a sewing machine intro class for trans folks
- Organize and hold a knot/cordage/wire-rope class