Vote: Policy on Animals
- 2015-04-22 - Inception
- 2015-04-29 - Discussion (planned)
- 2015-05-06 - Language Lockdown (planned)
- 2015-05-13 - Vote (planned)
The board is trying to clean up some loose ends in regards to the space's contractual obligations with our insurance provider. We need to make explicit policy about when animals in the space so that "uncovered" situations are done away with.
The current coverage we have does not cover any kind of animal (except service animals) on the space property.
Note: This vote is meant to be passed before Vote on Setting Policies
The following policy shall be enacted immediately:
- Live animals are not permitted on the premises of Pumping Station: One. No person may bring a live animal to Pumping Station: One.
- For the purposes of this policy, animals do not include humans. Service animals are allowed on the premises as defined under applicable law. Pumping :Station: One recognizes service animals as defined by Title II and Title III of the ADA.
- If a member brings a service animal into the space, persons may only ask the owner the following 2 questions (defined by federal law) about the animal and :its service to the owner:
- Is the animal required because of a disability?
- What work or task has the animal been trained to perform?
- Questions outside of these two are a breach of federal and state law and will be considered a violation of the Pumping Station: One membership agreement.