Vote for Additional CNC Budget
- Andrew Camardella
- Jennie "Vulture"
- Brian Chojnowski
- Mailing List Announcement: 11/4/16
- Officially Proposed: 11/10/16
- Voted on: 11/15/16
The CNC area is in need of more funds for the remainder of the year. A report of expenses to date can be found here.
Concerns over space expansion budgeting reduced all area budgets for 2016 and the CNC budget was reduced from 6900 in 2015 to 3000 in 2016, based on previous funding usage.
Several unexpected expensive repairs occurred to both the Shopbot and the Epilog Laser.
In 2016, several large equipment votes and purchases were made, and the CNC area has doubled in size and machine count. These additions to the CNC area need reserve budget for any expenditures outside of the scope or capacity of the votes for tools and expansion budget.
Funds will be used primarily for the following:
- Miscellaneous tools, consumables and materials related to space expansion - $300
- Shopbot consumables including wasteboard, cutters, and replacement parts - $300
- Repair parts for 3D printers - $150
- Buffer for any machine repairs or additional expenditures through the end of the year - $500
- Turbonozzle for Epilog laser to improve cutting performance - http://www.factengineering.com/turbo.php - $250
- Octoprint controllers for 3d printers for improved usability - $200
- New fans for the Epilog - $200
- Shopbot 4th axis - $400
Authorize the board to spend an additional $2500 to cover additional CNC area expenditures through to the passing of a new budget for fiscal year 2017.
- Quorum: 44
- Yay: 53
- Nay: 2
- Abstain: 3