Vote to Appoint Diversity and Inclusion Officer
- Nathan Upchurch
- David Earl
Language locks: 6/15/2021
Forum / Slack Announcement: 6/8/2021
Officially Proposed: 6/8/2021
To be voted on: 6/22/2021
The aim of this vote is to appoint a Diversity and Inclusion Officer for a one-year term. This is a new role designed to help PS1 become a more welcoming and inclusive space.
The candidate with the most votes will serve as Diversity and Inclusion officer for a one-year term, at which point another election will be held. Our 2021 candidates are as follows:
- Donzell Gordon
- Moonie Hart
Candidates are encouraged to write about themselves and their vision for the role in the original call for candidates thread posted to Discourse.
Successful candidates will perform the following duties, as written in the original call for candidates posted to Discourse:
- Establish a rapport with the membership at large; serve as an ear for members dealing with issues relating to identity and help uplift their voices to create organizational change.
- Coordinate with MMT to guide efforts to attract and retain a diverse candidate pool.
- Work with PR team lead and other communications volunteers to review official PS:1 communications with a D&I lens, and to create collateral that promotes diversity and inclusion at PS:1.
- Advise the DRC on cases involving marginalized identities.
- Build relationships with D&I focused organizations to deliver D&I programming that aims to steer PS:1 culture to a more inclusive and safe place for all members.
- Work with scholarships officer to make scholarships more accessible to a diverse array of potential members.
- Create and execute a membership demographics survey.
- Report on activities and performance to BOD on a quarterly basis.