Vote to improve hot metals air quality
- Tom Judge
- Mailing List Announcement: 4/25/2017
- Officially Proposed: TBD
- To be Voted on: TBD
With the increased size, equipment, and usage hot metals can be a very unpleasant are to work in when its busy. This vote is to provide the following:
- 2 Point of generation welding fume extraction arms
- Lincoln LFA 4.1 13ft arms with wall mounts ~$3000
- 1700 CFM 2HP blower ~$2500
- Ducting and other accessories ~$500
- 2 Ceiling mounted general air filtration systems
- Jet AFS-1000B ~$1000
- Metal dust collector for attaching to the grinders
- Jet JDC-501 ~$1300
- Extending the wall between hot metals and the wood shop to the ceiling ~$500
- Installing a door or curtain between hot metals and the wood shop ~$500
- Installing a make up air vent up to $5700 depending on if a heater or energy recovery system is used.
Authorise the BoD to spend up to $15,000 on improving the air quality in hot metals.
This authorisation shall expire at midnight on December 31, 2017.