Board Meeting Notes 2013-01-29
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2013-01-22||2013 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2013-02-05 >>|
Meeting start: 7:20
- read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the paypal and banking transactions.
- Check the email@example.com inbox weekly.
- Go over the "Things the next board should deal with" list from the meeting of the 15th, it has a lot of stuff we have to be aware of.
- Make sure everyone's emails to everyone else on the board is wrapped up (at some point in the evening) so everyone should go over their set of things they asked each other for and make sure it's all going to get covered asap.
- Known: Eric getting Steve the treasurer email, ???
- Electric Bill $624.37 to Tony
- Need to get the manual for the thermostat from Steve or online, and document how to use the heat in the space. It's confusing people.
- CPL Institutional memberships? This came in via Tim? They want to send some people to Jane Goodall us, and they want some deal to get one membership to share among their people. Same thing came in with some guy at Dev Mynd, wanting ~10 corporate paid for memberships. What do we think of that?
- Lulzbot is in! Announce at main meeting.
- Announce at main meeting: Always state up front in the google calendar if events are charge/free and public/rsvp/private. It should be obvious.
- Status of "2012 Income & Expense Reporting" (dir list thread, due Feb 8) (Steve)
- Audit status (Indiana Steve)
- Status of repayments (Indiana Steve)
- New historical books (Indiana Steve)
- Change of registered agent (Eric). Status on that?
- Status of money owed by the old landlord. (Tim). Eric will request update on this.
- Go over the thread on the mailing list about tidy shop proposals. What do we think? Did Colin propose a vote yet or was it just informational? Would this have resolved the existing conflicts?
- Meetup.com group should be recreated - not good that we let it lapse. Is this done yet? (Adam)
- Getting a quote from a janitor Hailey knows, what's the status on that. We want someone to do the trash and clean the bathrooms regularly. Done yet? (Hailey)
- Eric did not hear back from Ishmael about the accounts info (Amazon, Pumping Donations) (as of Sunday night). Do we need to do something about that?
- Wiki status: Migration, Backups? (Josh)
- Thotcon table - has Adam talked to Jaku yet?
- How's Shawn doing with buying/installing weather strips etc?
- Steve documented any electrical system stuff?
- Change our address everywhere (List of places here: https://atrium.schoolfactory.org/ps1/node/104580)
- inventory and ownership status of old landlord's stuff left on our side.
- Check in with Area hosts about their ideas for the tool certification process at their next meeting. (Tim)
- information fragmentation (wiki, gdocs, calendars, dropbox, mailing lists)
- move the annual meeting to december in the bylaws.
- Dwolla as a payment option? Some people hate paypal enough to not join. Don't do this if you can't set up a subscription in it.
Shawn reports weatherproofing he's done to windows and drafts
Eric announces we need to start documenting and creating a guide to our complicated heating system
Does everyone have their officer emails- bry does not
Discuss institutional memberships- seems like we can help non-profits in other ways. As far as corporations, we are not interested in giving them special discounts
Discussed terms of hiring a custodian- Cleaning weekly at $50 per session for bathrooms and garbage - hailey will ask her contact to come tour the space in the next week- we need to figure out how much work would be involved in mopping at what extra payment we would offer to have it done potentially bimonthly
Discussing that many groups are interested in using limbo- welding and pottery are both into it- so is screen printing and bike racks
Josh will talk to thotcon about ps1 getting a table at thotcon for low cost Eric reads the parking permit/tickets/limbo used at another space that we may be interested in adopting
- Membership Report -
- Full Members: 74
- Starving Hacker: 86
- Friends of PS1: 1
- Total: 160 these are approx, Steve is still working on audit
- Membership Report -
Meeting end: 7:59